Subject: Re: bug#29149: Tramp shell uses local shell setting in windows

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2017 16:44:41 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> A further information: it is about backup. When I setup
>> tramp-backup-directory-alist which will make it backup
>> serverside. However, It concat !driver_c to the backup file name.
>> 
>> I have setting ("\\.md$" . "~/.emacs.d/backup-tramp/mdfiles") in
>> tramp-backup-directory-alist. The backup file
>> in the server is 
>> "!drive_c!plink!!user@host!!!opt!host!path!Ava!_summary.md.~1~"
>> 
>> The "!drive_c" comes very strange.
>
> Michael, any advice on this one?  Do you understand where did
> !drive_c! come from?  AFAIU, it should only be used for backups of
> local files.

Since I cannot test under MS Windows, I need traces. Shuguang, could
you, pls, apply the settings as described in the Tramp manual, at the
bottom of (info "(tramp) Traces and Profiles") . Rerun your tests,
provoking a remote backup file. This produces a buffer *trace-output*,
which should tell us where the mysterious !drive_c! is prepended.

Best regards, Michael.