Subject: bug#2911 closed by Chong Yidong <[email-masked]> (Re: 23.0.92; mouse-1 for following links (descr-text.el))

From: [email-masked] (Emacs bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 00:55:05 +0000

This is an automatic notification regarding your bug report
which was filed against the emacs package:

#2911: 23.0.92; mouse-1 for following links (descr-text.el)

It has been closed by Chong Yidong <[email-masked]>.

Their explanation is attached below along with your original report.
If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a
better one in a separate message then please contact Chong Yidong <[email-masked]> by
replying to this email.

-- 
2911: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=2911
Emacs Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: 23.0.92; mouse-1 for following links (descr-text.el)
From: Chong Yidong <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2009 20:48:57 -0400

>   $ emacs -q
>   C-u C-x =
>
> yields a *Help* buffer. I tried to mouse-1 click the text "customize
> what to show" there, but nothing happened.  When I hover the mouse
> pointer over the text I get a tool tip "mouse-2, RET: Push this
> button". It's the same with some other buttons in that help page as
> well, but some of them work with mouse-1.

Thank for noticing this.  I've checked in a fix.

Subject: 23.0.92; mouse-1 for following links (descr-text.el)
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 00:40:16 +0200

In GNU Emacs 23.0.92.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.10.4)

  $ emacs -q
  C-u C-x =

yields a *Help* buffer. I tried to mouse-1 click the text "customize
what to show" there, but nothing happened.  When I hover the mouse pointer
over the text I get a tool tip "mouse-2, RET: Push this button". It's
the same with some other buttons in that help page as well, but some
of them work with mouse-1.

I think mouse-1 should work for all of them, after the mouse-1 click
changes in Emacs 22.