Subject: Re: [bug#29096] [PATCH] gnu: Add Epson escpr printer driver.

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 13:07:13 +0100

Diego Nicola Barbato <[email-masked]> skribis:

>>>From 5d6449cc3cfc4154fff24abcdd54c05b44b9e471 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
> From: Diego Nicola Barbato <[email-masked]>
> Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2017 02:48:14 +0100
> Subject: gnu: Add Epson escpr printer driver.
>
> * gnu/packages/cups.scm (escpr): New variable.

Pushed with the minor changes below (notice that the license is ‘gpl2+’
because headers in source code explicitly say “or any later version”.)

Thank you!

Ludo’.

diff --git a/gnu/packages/cups.scm b/gnu/packages/cups.scm
index 54a93fe49..bbf2699f0 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/cups.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/cups.scm
@@ -604,7 +604,7 @@ and more.  See @file{README} for details.")
   (package
     (name "escpr")
     (version "1.6.17")
-    ;; This currently works.  But it will break as soon as a newer
+    ;; XXX: This currently works.  But it will break as soon as a newer
     ;; version is available since the URLs for older versions are not
     ;; preserved.  An alternative source will be added as soon as
     ;; available.
@@ -628,6 +628,10 @@ and more.  See @file{README} for details.")
                          (assoc-ref %outputs "out") "/share/ppd"))))
     (inputs `(("cups" ,cups-minimal)))
     (synopsis "ESC/P-R printer driver")
-    (description "ESC/P-R driver and PPDs supporting a multitude of Epson printers.")
+    (description
+     "This package provides a filter for the Common UNIX Printing
+System (CUPS).  It offers high-quality printing with Seiko Epson color ink jet
+printers.  It can only be used with printers that support the Epson ESC/P-R
+language.")
     (home-page "http://download.ebz.epson.net/dsc/search/01/search")
     (license license:gpl2+)))