Subject: Re: bug#29083: CC Mode 5.32.99 (C/l); M-x c-defun-mode doesn't show anything

From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2017 20:02:41 +0000

Hello, Felip.

On Tue, Oct 31, 2017 at 13:43:43 +0100, Felip Moll wrote:
> When inspecting a C code file, I pressed M-x c-defun-mode in order emacs
> to show me in which function I was, but nothing happened.

I've committed the fix to the three canonical places, namely the
standalone CC Mode project, XEmacs, and Emacs's savannah repository,
branch emacs-26.

The key sequence for the new command c-display-defun-name is C-c C-z.
Giving it a prefix arg (with C-u) also pushes the function name onto the
kill ring.  You can also use this command in the middle of an
interactive search if you have set (or customised) isearch-allow-scroll
to a non-nil value.

I'm closing this bug now.

If you want any help to incorporate the fix into Emacs 25.3, please send
me private mail.

> Emacs  : GNU Emacs 25.3.1 (x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu)
>  of 2017-09-15
> Package: CC Mode 5.32.99 (C/l)
> Buffer Style: gnu
> c-emacs-features: (pps-extended-state col-0-paren posix-char-classes
> gen-string-delim gen-comment-delim syntax-properties 1-bit)

[ .... ]

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).