Subject: bug#29074: 26.0; Cannot sent bug report in Emacs 26 pretest

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2017 18:06:51 +0200

> Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 14:47:48 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
> 
> I was in buffer *Backtrace* and did M-x report-emacs-bug.
> 
> I entered bug-report text and hit C-c C-c, then answered "yes".  My
> *unsent mail to bug-gnu-emacs* buffer was killed and a dialog box was
> displayed by MS Outlook, which said, "The command line argument is not
> valid. Verify the switch you are using".
> 
> I tried again, and Emacs said that I already sent the message (which is
> not true) and asked if I wanted to send it again. I answered yes. Same
> thing.

I couldn't reproduce this.  I tried on 2 different Windows 7 systems,
and it worked as expected for me, both when Outlook was already
running and when it wasn't.

Does this happen in "emacs -Q"?  If it does, then please step in
Edebug through mailclient-send-it, which is the function emacsbug.el
invokes in this case, and tell what are the arguments with which it
calls browse-url.

If it doesn't happen in "emacs -Q", then please try to see what gets
in the way.  Is mailclient-send-it at all called, and if it is, how
does it call browse-url?

Also, what version of Outlook/Office do you have on that system?