Subject: bug#29073: closed (Re: bug#29073: Froze again)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2019 08:56:02 +0000

Your bug report

#29073: 25.2; Freeze (suspecting helm)

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
29073: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=29073
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#29073: Froze again
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: Martin Fei <[email-masked]>
Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2019 09:54:59 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Martin Fei <[email-masked]> writes:

> I am not seeing any freezes anymore now. Thank you for following up on this.

Thanks for checking.  I'm consequently closing this bug report.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas

Subject: 25.2; Freeze (suspecting helm)
From: Martin Fei <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 21:15:39 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Seemingly randomly, Emacs freezes. It happens about once a weak. If I
remember correctly, I was always using some sort of helm buffer when the
freeze happens. Therefore, I suspect helm, but I cannot pinpoint it.

I attached with lldb, but see the above hint too late, so I only did a
regular 'bt'. Here is the output. Hope it still helps somewhat. The top
of the backtrace looks to me like the effects of me trying to kill the
process after it froze. Further down at frame #22 or around frame #48 it
looks to me like the actual freeze cause. Of course, I am only wild
guessing.

(lldb) bt
* thread #1, queue = 'com.apple.main-thread', stop reason = EXC_BAD_ACCESS
(code=1, address=0x509920990)
  * frame #0: 0x000000010014466f Emacs-x86_64-10_9`hash_lookup + 95
    frame #1: 0x0000000100017c5a Emacs-x86_64-10_9`maybe_set_redisplay + 74
    frame #2: 0x00000001001236c6 Emacs-x86_64-10_9`set_internal + 150
    frame #3: 0x00000001000be7c5 Emacs-x86_64-10_9`safe_run_hooks + 69
    frame #4: 0x00000001000f4afe Emacs-x86_64-10_9`Fdo_auto_save + 222
    frame #5: 0x00000001000ba02e Emacs-x86_64-10_9`shut_down_emacs + 222
    frame #6: 0x00000001000b9e55 Emacs-x86_64-10_9`terminate_due_to_signal
+ 85
    frame #7: 0x00000001000d7ff6
Emacs-x86_64-10_9`deliver_fatal_thread_signal + 134
    frame #8: 0x00000001000d8d46 Emacs-x86_64-10_9`handle_sigsegv + 150
    frame #9: 0x00007fff96afeb3a libsystem_platform.dylib`_sigtramp + 26
    frame #10: 0x0000000100120e1f Emacs-x86_64-10_9`sweep_vectors + 1103
    frame #11: 0x000000010011d123 Emacs-x86_64-10_9`Fgarbage_collect + 3155
    frame #12: 0x0000000100175520 Emacs-x86_64-10_9`exec_byte_code + 2560
    frame #13: 0x000000010013a38f Emacs-x86_64-10_9`Ffuncall + 639
    frame #14: 0x0000000100175405 Emacs-x86_64-10_9`exec_byte_code + 2277
    frame #15: 0x000000010013a38f Emacs-x86_64-10_9`Ffuncall + 639
    frame #16: 0x0000000100175405 Emacs-x86_64-10_9`exec_byte_code + 2277
    frame #17: 0x000000010013a38f Emacs-x86_64-10_9`Ffuncall + 639
    frame #18: 0x0000000100175405 Emacs-x86_64-10_9`exec_byte_code + 2277
    frame #19: 0x000000010013a38f Emacs-x86_64-10_9`Ffuncall + 639
    frame #20: 0x0000000100175405 Emacs-x86_64-10_9`exec_byte_code + 2277
    frame #21: 0x000000010013a38f Emacs-x86_64-10_9`Ffuncall + 639
    frame #22: 0x000000010013a7af Emacs-x86_64-10_9`Frun_hook_with_args +
255
    frame #23: 0x000000010013a674 Emacs-x86_64-10_9`Frun_hooks + 52
    frame #24: 0x000000010013a427 Emacs-x86_64-10_9`Ffuncall + 791
    frame #25: 0x0000000100175405 Emacs-x86_64-10_9`exec_byte_code + 2277
    frame #26: 0x000000010013a38f Emacs-x86_64-10_9`Ffuncall + 639
    frame #27: 0x0000000100175405 Emacs-x86_64-10_9`exec_byte_code + 2277
    frame #28: 0x000000010013a38f Emacs-x86_64-10_9`Ffuncall + 639
    frame #29: 0x0000000100177c6a Emacs-x86_64-10_9`bcall0 + 26
    frame #30: 0x0000000100136a25 Emacs-x86_64-10_9`unbind_to + 133
    frame #31: 0x000000010017548e Emacs-x86_64-10_9`exec_byte_code + 2414
    frame #32: 0x000000010013a38f Emacs-x86_64-10_9`Ffuncall + 639
    frame #33: 0x0000000100175405 Emacs-x86_64-10_9`exec_byte_code + 2277
    frame #34: 0x000000010013a38f Emacs-x86_64-10_9`Ffuncall + 639
    frame #35: 0x0000000100175405 Emacs-x86_64-10_9`exec_byte_code + 2277
    frame #36: 0x000000010013a38f Emacs-x86_64-10_9`Ffuncall + 639
    frame #37: 0x0000000100175405 Emacs-x86_64-10_9`exec_byte_code + 2277
    frame #38: 0x000000010013a38f Emacs-x86_64-10_9`Ffuncall + 639
    frame #39: 0x0000000100139e38 Emacs-x86_64-10_9`Fapply + 136
    frame #40: 0x000000010013a427 Emacs-x86_64-10_9`Ffuncall + 791
    frame #41: 0x0000000100175405 Emacs-x86_64-10_9`exec_byte_code + 2277
    frame #42: 0x000000010013b1fa Emacs-x86_64-10_9`funcall_lambda + 842
    frame #43: 0x000000010013a38f Emacs-x86_64-10_9`Ffuncall + 639
    frame #44: 0x000000010013abbd Emacs-x86_64-10_9`call1 + 45
    frame #45: 0x00000001000c6127 Emacs-x86_64-10_9`timer_check + 951
    frame #46: 0x00000001000c4d62 Emacs-x86_64-10_9`readable_events + 18
    frame #47: 0x00000001000c4a4b
Emacs-x86_64-10_9`detect_input_pending_run_timers + 75
    frame #48: 0x000000010017e8e8
Emacs-x86_64-10_9`wait_reading_process_output + 3592
    frame #49: 0x0000000100007ffd Emacs-x86_64-10_9`sit_for + 253
    frame #50: 0x00000001000c26e6 Emacs-x86_64-10_9`read_char + 6006
    frame #51: 0x00000001000bf03c Emacs-x86_64-10_9`read_key_sequence + 2092
    frame #52: 0x00000001000bd752 Emacs-x86_64-10_9`command_loop_1 + 1154
    frame #53: 0x0000000100138f86 Emacs-x86_64-10_9`internal_condition_case
+ 70
    frame #54: 0x00000001000ce370 Emacs-x86_64-10_9`command_loop_2 + 48
    frame #55: 0x0000000100138ae6 Emacs-x86_64-10_9`internal_catch + 54
    frame #56: 0x00000001000bc9c8 Emacs-x86_64-10_9`command_loop + 200
    frame #57: 0x00000001000bc8b5 Emacs-x86_64-10_9`recursive_edit_1 + 117
    frame #58: 0x00000001000ea5ee Emacs-x86_64-10_9`read_minibuf + 2062
    frame #59: 0x00000001000e9db5 Emacs-x86_64-10_9`Fread_from_minibuffer +
229
    frame #60: 0x000000010013a60b Emacs-x86_64-10_9`Ffuncall + 1275
    frame #61: 0x0000000100175405 Emacs-x86_64-10_9`exec_byte_code + 2277
    frame #62: 0x000000010013a38f Emacs-x86_64-10_9`Ffuncall + 639
    frame #63: 0x0000000100175405 Emacs-x86_64-10_9`exec_byte_code + 2277
    frame #64: 0x000000010013a38f Emacs-x86_64-10_9`Ffuncall + 639
    frame #65: 0x0000000100139fdd Emacs-x86_64-10_9`Fapply + 557
    frame #66: 0x000000010013a427 Emacs-x86_64-10_9`Ffuncall + 791
    frame #67: 0x0000000100175405 Emacs-x86_64-10_9`exec_byte_code + 2277
    frame #68: 0x000000010013a38f Emacs-x86_64-10_9`Ffuncall + 639
    frame #69: 0x0000000100139fdd Emacs-x86_64-10_9`Fapply + 557
    frame #70: 0x000000010013a427 Emacs-x86_64-10_9`Ffuncall + 791
    frame #71: 0x0000000100175405 Emacs-x86_64-10_9`exec_byte_code + 2277
    frame #72: 0x000000010013a38f Emacs-x86_64-10_9`Ffuncall + 639
    frame #73: 0x0000000100175405 Emacs-x86_64-10_9`exec_byte_code + 2277
    frame #74: 0x000000010013a38f Emacs-x86_64-10_9`Ffuncall + 639
    frame #75: 0x0000000100175405 Emacs-x86_64-10_9`exec_byte_code + 2277
    frame #76: 0x000000010013a38f Emacs-x86_64-10_9`Ffuncall + 639
    frame #77: 0x0000000100139fdd Emacs-x86_64-10_9`Fapply + 557
    frame #78: 0x000000010013a427 Emacs-x86_64-10_9`Ffuncall + 791
    frame #79: 0x0000000100175405 Emacs-x86_64-10_9`exec_byte_code + 2277
    frame #80: 0x000000010013a38f Emacs-x86_64-10_9`Ffuncall + 639
    frame #81: 0x0000000100175405 Emacs-x86_64-10_9`exec_byte_code + 2277
    frame #82: 0x000000010013a38f Emacs-x86_64-10_9`Ffuncall + 639
    frame #83: 0x0000000100175405 Emacs-x86_64-10_9`exec_byte_code + 2277
    frame #84: 0x000000010013b1fa Emacs-x86_64-10_9`funcall_lambda + 842
    frame #85: 0x0000000100139d2b Emacs-x86_64-10_9`apply_lambda + 331
    frame #86: 0x0000000100136e6d Emacs-x86_64-10_9`eval_sub + 749
    frame #87: 0x00000001001376f1 Emacs-x86_64-10_9`Fsetq + 81
    frame #88: 0x0000000100137021 Emacs-x86_64-10_9`eval_sub + 1185
    frame #89: 0x0000000100137191 Emacs-x86_64-10_9`eval_sub + 1553
    frame #90: 0x0000000100138589 Emacs-x86_64-10_9`Flet + 729
    frame #91: 0x0000000100137021 Emacs-x86_64-10_9`eval_sub + 1185
    frame #92: 0x0000000100139b78 Emacs-x86_64-10_9`Feval + 88
    frame #93: 0x00000001001347c8 Emacs-x86_64-10_9`Fcall_interactively +
488
    frame #94: 0x000000010013a53b Emacs-x86_64-10_9`Ffuncall + 1067
    frame #95: 0x0000000100175405 Emacs-x86_64-10_9`exec_byte_code + 2277
    frame #96: 0x000000010013a38f Emacs-x86_64-10_9`Ffuncall + 639
    frame #97: 0x0000000100175405 Emacs-x86_64-10_9`exec_byte_code + 2277
    frame #98: 0x000000010013a38f Emacs-x86_64-10_9`Ffuncall + 639
    frame #99: 0x00000001001345ca Emacs-x86_64-10_9`Ffuncall_interactively
+ 58
    frame #100: 0x000000010013a427 Emacs-x86_64-10_9`Ffuncall + 791
    frame #101: 0x0000000100139fdd Emacs-x86_64-10_9`Fapply + 557
    frame #102: 0x0000000100134dda Emacs-x86_64-10_9`Fcall_interactively +
2042
    frame #103: 0x000000010013a53b Emacs-x86_64-10_9`Ffuncall + 1067
    frame #104: 0x0000000100175405 Emacs-x86_64-10_9`exec_byte_code + 2277
    frame #105: 0x000000010013a38f Emacs-x86_64-10_9`Ffuncall + 639
    frame #106: 0x000000010013abbd Emacs-x86_64-10_9`call1 + 45
    frame #107: 0x00000001000bda7a Emacs-x86_64-10_9`command_loop_1 + 1962
    frame #108: 0x0000000100138f86
Emacs-x86_64-10_9`internal_condition_case + 70
    frame #109: 0x00000001000ce370 Emacs-x86_64-10_9`command_loop_2 + 48
    frame #110: 0x0000000100138ae6 Emacs-x86_64-10_9`internal_catch + 54
    frame #111: 0x00000001000bc99e Emacs-x86_64-10_9`command_loop + 158
    frame #112: 0x00000001000bc8b5 Emacs-x86_64-10_9`recursive_edit_1 + 117
    frame #113: 0x00000001000bcadc Emacs-x86_64-10_9`Frecursive_edit + 220
    frame #114: 0x00000001000bb7b3 Emacs-x86_64-10_9`main + 5875
    frame #115: 0x00007fff968ef235 libdyld.dylib`start + 1
    frame #116: 0x00007fff968ef235 libdyld.dylib`start + 1

In GNU Emacs 25.2.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin13.4.0, NS appkit-1265.21 Version
10.9.5 (Build 13F1911))
 of 2017-04-21 built on builder10-9.porkrind.org
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1504
Configured using:
 'configure --with-ns '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/${version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/site-lisp' --with-modules'

Configured features:
NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS MODULES

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_DE.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  helm-mode: t
  diff-hl-flydiff-mode: t
  diff-hl-margin-mode: t
  global-diff-hl-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  global-flycheck-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  global-whitespace-mode: t
  global-linum-mode: t
  linum-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Loading autorevert...done
Loading hl-line...done
Loading linum...done
Loading whitespace...done
Loading recentf...done
Loading server...done
Loading paren...done
Loading /Users/i070762/.emacs.d/recentf...done
Cleaning up the recentf list...done (0 removed)
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail winner thingatpt helm-command
helm-elisp helm-eval edebug helm-info windmove python tramp-sh tramp
tramp-compat auth-source tramp-loaddefs trampver neotree setup-helm
helm-mode helm-files helm-buffers helm-tags helm-locate helm-types
helm-swoop helm-grep helm-regexp helm-utils helm-help helm-config
helm-easymenu helm edmacro kmacro helm-source eieio-compat eieio
eieio-core helm-multi-match helm-lib exec-path-from-shell
diff-hl-flydiff diff diff-hl-margin diff-hl-dired diff-hl vc-dir ewoc vc
vc-dispatcher diff-mode flycheck json map find-func subr-x git-commit
with-editor cl-seq cl-macs async-bytecomp advice async shell pcomplete
comint ansi-color magit-utils crm log-edit easy-mmode message dired
format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epg gnus-util mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader
ring pcvs-util add-log dash finder-inf rx info package epg-config seq
byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra help-mode cconv disp-table
monokai-theme paren server recentf tree-widget wid-edit easymenu
whitespace linum hl-line autorevert filenotify cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib
delsel cus-start cus-load time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win ucs-normalize
term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
kqueue cocoa ns multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 408245 29502)
 (symbols 48 35815 0)
 (miscs 40 172 274)
 (strings 32 75525 8237)
 (string-bytes 1 2373972)
 (vectors 16 55135)
 (vector-slots 8 898661 15517)
 (floats 8 387 229)
 (intervals 56 380 158)
 (buffers 976 19))