Subject: bug#29071: guix refresh --type=kde does not update all kde packages

From: Hartmut Goebel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 21:29:50 +0100

The KDE updater does not update all kde-framework packages:

- Those residing in mirror://kde/stable/frameworks/$VERSION/ are updated,

- Those residing in mirror://kde/stable/frameworks/$VERSION/portingAids/
(mind the additional directory after the version) are *not* updated.

How to reproduce

git checkout 91496dfc9a4c3a708b5c2604fad3e42e101fea04 # master @
2017-1019, kde-frameworks 5.37

./pre-inst-env guix package -A 'attica|kross'

# both packages have v 5.37

./pre-inst-env guix refresh --update --type=kde

./pre-inst-env guix package -A 'attica|kross'

# attica is 5.39, while kross is still 5.37

kross is in the portingAids subdirectory, as you can see at
<ftp://mirrors.mit.edu/kde/stable/frameworks/5.39/portingAids/>

-- 
Regards
Hartmut Goebel

| Hartmut Goebel          | [email-masked]               |
| www.crazy-compilers.com | compilers which you thought are impossible |