Subject: Re: bug#29070: 26.0.90; emacs-26.0.90 pretest

From: Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 22:49:33 -0400

andrés ramírez <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Noam.
>> Okay, can you run under gdb, and step through Ffile_attributes to see
>> where it's going wrong?
> The task is not so easy. When starting emacs "Ffile_attributes" is
> called multiple times. I just need to stop the breakpoint when
> 'Lisp_Object filename' = "/tmp/emacs1000". How coul I code that
> condition inside the function?

gdb --args ./emacs -Q
(gdb) run

Let Emacs startup, then hit C-z in the terminal which runs gdb.  This
will stop Emacs, and give you back a gdb prompt.

(gdb) break Ffile_attributes
(gdb) continue

Now that you have a breakpoint in Ffile_attributes, you can call it from
Emacs.

> In the meantime. I have tried the same source code (pretest) on another equal machine with
> another distro (archlinux). The issue is not present on the archlinux
> distro.

You mentioned other Emacs versions on the same machine.  Is it only
26.0.90 which shows this problem (and only on the one machine)?