Subject: bug#29070: 26.0.90; emacs-26.0.90 pretest

From: andrés ramírez <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 19:59:37 -0600

Hi Noam.
> Hmm, doesn't make sense that it could be disappearing in the middle and
> still have other stuff inside.  So that suggests that something is wrong
> with the file-attributes function.  Does (file-attributes
> "/tmp/emacs1000") consistently give you nil if you evaluate it multiple
> times?  What about (file-exists-p "/tmp/emacs1000")?  (file-directory-p
> "/tmp/emacs1000")?

Yes. Consistently gave me 'nil'. I have evaluated more than 20 times
--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
Welcome to the Emacs shell

~/abs/emacs-26.0.90/build-arm $ (file-attributes "/tmp/emacs1000")
~/abs/emacs-26.0.90/build-arm $ (file-attributes "/tmp/emacs1000")
~/abs/emacs-26.0.90/build-arm $ (file-exists-p "/tmp/emacs1000")
t
~/abs/emacs-26.0.90/build-arm $ (file-exists-p "/tmp/emacs1000")
t
~/abs/emacs-26.0.90/build-arm $ (file-directory-p "/tmp/emacs1000")
t
~/abs/emacs-26.0.90/build-arm $ (file-directory-p "/tmp/emacs1000")
t
~/abs/emacs-26.0.90/build-arm $ (pp (file-attributes "/tmp/emacs1000"))
nil
~/abs/emacs-26.0.90/build-arm $
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---