Subject: bug#29068: closed (Re: bug#29068: 26.0.90; Elisp manual section 13.12 Declaring Functions Obsolete)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 18:49:02 +0000

Your bug report

#29068: 26.0.90; Elisp manual section 13.12 Declaring Functions Obsolete

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
29068: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=29068
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#29068: 26.0.90; Elisp manual section 13.12 Declaring Functions Obsolete
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 20:47:41 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Francis Wright <[email-masked]>
> Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 18:05:51 +0000
> 
> The text preceding the definition of the function
> `set-advertised-calling-convention', namely "In addition, you can mark a
> certain a particular calling convention for a function as obsolete:", is
> repetitive. I suggest that either "a certain" or "a particular" should
> be deleted.

Thanks, fixed.

Subject: 26.0.90; Elisp manual section 13.12 Declaring Functions Obsolete
From: Francis Wright <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 18:05:51 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The text preceding the definition of the function
`set-advertised-calling-convention', namely "In addition, you can mark a
certain a particular calling convention for a function as obsolete:", is
repetitive. I suggest that either "a certain" or "a particular" should
be deleted.

In GNU Emacs 26.0.90 (build 2, x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2017-10-17 built on MONOLITH
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.15063
Recent messages:
Type "q" in help window to restore its previous buffer.
Auto-saving...
Mark set [4 times]
Auto-saving...done
Mark set [9 times]
Auto-saving...done
Mark set
mwheel-scroll: End of buffer [6 times]
Saving file c:/Users/fjw/AppData/Roaming/.emacs.d/elpa/reduce-run-1.21/reduce-run.el...
Wrote c:/Users/fjw/AppData/Roaming/.emacs.d/elpa/reduce-run-1.21/reduce-run.el
Quit [2 times]
Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/d/emacs/emacs-26.0.90 --without-imagemagick'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENG
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: Info

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa
derived epg gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils apropos jka-compr
dabbrev cl-extra eieio-opt speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe find-func
help-fns radix-tree help-mode misearch multi-isearch dired
dired-loaddefs elec-pair tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver
ucs-normalize shell pcomplete comint ansi-color ring parse-time
format-spec advice paren delsel cus-start cus-load finder-inf info
package easymenu epg-config url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache url-vars seq
byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib server
time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table term/w32-win w32-win
w32-vars term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote w32notify w32 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 295888 16284)
 (symbols 56 25011 4)
 (miscs 48 223 635)
 (strings 32 48556 2904)
 (string-bytes 1 1265272)
 (vectors 16 44411)
 (vector-slots 8 1176288 98234)
 (floats 8 79 699)
 (intervals 56 9338 51)
 (buffers 992 18))