Subject: Re: bug#29067: 26.0.90; "Invalid client frame" when doing save-buffers-kill-terminal

From: Kaushal Modi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 18:49:29 +0000

On Mon, Oct 30, 2017 at 2:40 PM Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:

>
> Please show a Lisp backtrace from this error.
>

Sorry, should have done that earlier; I just assumed it didn't hold any
information of value for this case.

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Invalid client frame")
  signal(error ("Invalid client frame"))
  error("Invalid client frame")
  server-save-buffers-kill-terminal(nil)
  save-buffers-kill-terminal()
  eval((save-buffers-kill-terminal) nil)
  eval-expression((save-buffers-kill-terminal) nil nil 127)
  funcall-interactively(eval-expression (save-buffers-kill-terminal) nil
nil 127)
  call-interactively(eval-expression nil nil)
  command-execute(eval-expression)

When I edebugged save-buffers-kill-terminal, I saw that (frame-parameter
nil 'client) was evaluating to non-nil as it was returning "Unprintable
entity". So it is executing the wrong clause of that if.

-- 

Kaushal Modi