Subject: bug#29060: closed (Re: bug#29060: Bug #29060 Hunting: CPAN mirror packages no longer available)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2020 14:02:01 +0000

Your bug report

#29060: CPAN mirror packages no longer available on the server, apparently they've been moved to GitHub

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
29060: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=29060
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#29060: Bug #29060 Hunting: CPAN mirror packages no longer available
From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2020 15:00:42 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Tue, 11 Feb 2020 at 07:14, zimoun <[email-masked]> wrote:

> If no objection, I would like to close this bug since other mirrors serve them.

Other mirrors serve CGI, Test-Deep (see below and Ludo's message [1])
so I close this bug.

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ guix build perl-cgi --no-grafts --check --no-substitutes
The following derivations will be built:
   /gnu/store/5qwi52g0l6ff34yp8k64n93rwjlx9wb5-perl-cgi-4.44.drv
   /gnu/store/1xjj8zsv171ghabgxysbkmz33ygvbgy0-CGI-4.44.tar.gz.drv
building /gnu/store/1xjj8zsv171ghabgxysbkmz33ygvbgy0-CGI-4.44.tar.gz.drv...

Starting download of /gnu/store/09g8lvw3831swgqlwv446rhyybj9n9nk-CGI-4.44.tar.gz
>From http://www.cpan.org/authors/id/L/LE/LEEJO/CGI-4.44.tar.gz...
downloading from http://www.cpan.org/authors/id/L/LE/LEEJO/CGI-4.44.tar.gz...
 CGI-4.44.tar.gz  200KiB
            17.6MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
successfully built
/gnu/store/1xjj8zsv171ghabgxysbkmz33ygvbgy0-CGI-4.44.tar.gz.drv
building /gnu/store/5qwi52g0l6ff34yp8k64n93rwjlx9wb5-perl-cgi-4.44.drv...
[...]
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ guix build perl-test-deep --no-grafts --check --no-substitutes
The following derivations will be built:
   /gnu/store/myxq3s055fd15z7vly0ddjjqrpqv2j6p-perl-test-deep-1.120.drv
   /gnu/store/yc7350j333aps3j81b7azkk05frbhd2h-Test-Deep-1.120.tar.gz.drv
building /gnu/store/yc7350j333aps3j81b7azkk05frbhd2h-Test-Deep-1.120.tar.gz.drv...

Starting download of
/gnu/store/94qkd735h5gk3wzccl8in5sfp4rhqyma-Test-Deep-1.120.tar.gz
>From http://www.cpan.org/authors/id/R/RJ/RJBS/Test-Deep-1.120.tar.gz...
download failed
"http://www.cpan.org/authors/id/R/RJ/RJBS/Test-Deep-1.120.tar.gz" 404
"Not Found"

Starting download of
/gnu/store/94qkd735h5gk3wzccl8in5sfp4rhqyma-Test-Deep-1.120.tar.gz
>From http://cpan.metacpan.org/authors/id/R/RJ/RJBS/Test-Deep-1.120.tar.gz...
downloading from
http://cpan.metacpan.org/authors/id/R/RJ/RJBS/Test-Deep-1.120.tar.gz...
 Test-Deep-1.120.tar.gz  38KiB
            12.3MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
successfully built
/gnu/store/yc7350j333aps3j81b7azkk05frbhd2h-Test-Deep-1.120.tar.gz.drv
building /gnu/store/myxq3s055fd15z7vly0ddjjqrpqv2j6p-perl-test-deep-1.120.drv...
[...]
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

[1] https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=29060#8

Subject: CPAN mirror packages no longer available on the server, apparently they've been moved to GitHub
From: BJH2017 <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 06:31:53 +1000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Several packages that were downloaded from mirror.ibcp.fr or ftp.ciril.fr
are no longer available on these servers. These packages include at least:

* CGI 4.35
* Test-Deep 120

Newer versions of these packages are available on these servers, however.
Version 120 of Test Deep, and the newer versions are available from GitHub,
however https://github.com/rjbs/Test-Deep/releases. Version 4.35 of CGI is
also available on GitHub -- https://github.com/leejo/CGI.pm/releases.