Subject: bug#29040: Emacs 25 hangs on windows arbitrarily during search of a unicode file

From: Richard Copley <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2017 14:56:15 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:

> (And this discussion should have moved to bug-gnu-emacs ages ago.)

#29040 (CC'd).

>> (gdb) p $rax
>> $1 = 17185954536
>
> p/x $rax is usually more useful.

Much better, thank you.

> So my guess was correct, and we should ask the MinGW64 developers for
> advice about using longjmp.  Most probably, something in that area has
> changed in recent releases of their runtime, because otherwise I
> cannot explain to myself why these issues pop up only now.

I thought Paul was of a differing opinion (see
<http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2017-10/msg00482.html>)
but perhaps I'm mixing up different issues.

Do I take it we don't get to allocate the jmp_buf ourselves?

> Thanks.

Thanks.