Subject: Re: [bug#29034] [PATCH 4/5] gnu: Add ocaml-findlib-1.7.3.

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2017 10:36:49 +0200

Peter Kreye <[email-masked]> skribis:

> * gnu/packages/ocaml.scm (ocaml-findlib-1.7.3): New variable.

I rewrote it a bit to reduce duplication:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
(define-public ocaml-findlib-1.7.3
  (package
    (inherit ocaml-findlib)
    (version "1.7.3")
    (source (origin
              (method url-fetch)
              (uri (string-append "http://download.camlcity.org/download/"
                                  "findlib" "-" version ".tar.gz"))
              (sha256
               (base32
                "12xx8si1qv3xz90qsrpazjjk4lc1989fzm97rsmc4diwla7n15ni"))))
    (arguments
     (substitute-keyword-arguments (package-arguments ocaml-findlib)
       ((#:phases phases)
        `(modify-phases ,phases
           (replace 'install
             (lambda* (#:key outputs #:allow-other-keys)
               (let ((out (assoc-ref outputs "out")))
                 (zero? (system* "make" "install"
                                 (string-append "OCAML_CORE_STDLIB="
                                                out))))))))))))
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Hope that’s fine with you!

Also, what would it take to upgrade [email-masked] to this one?
That’s something we should do if there are no compatibility issues.

Thanks,
Ludo’.