Subject: 25.3; Segmentation fault when starting emacs with my config

From: Kaushal Modi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 14:17:57 +0000

The CAD department built 25.3 again, this time, with libotf. But I still
get the segmentation fault. See the backtrace below. The backtrace looks
different this time though.. "xdisp.c: No such file or directory"!?

Emacs version: GNU Emacs 25.3.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
2.24.23)
 of 2017-10-30, built using commit .

./configure options:
  --prefix=/cad/adi/apps/gnu/linux/x86_64/6/local/emacs/25.3 --with-modules

Features:
  XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND DBUS GCONF NOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS
LIBXML2 FREETYPE LIBOTF XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK2 X11 MODULES

=====

Starting program:
/cad/adi/apps/gnu/linux/x86_64/6/local/emacs/25.3/bin/emacs
[Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
Using host libthread_db library "/lib64/libthread_db.so.1".
[New Thread 0x7fffef071700 (LWP 10664)]

Thread 1 "emacs" received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x000000000043d101 in append_glyph (it=0x7fffffff2390) at xdisp.c:25880
25880   xdisp.c: No such file or directory.
(gdb) bt
#0  0x000000000043d101 in append_glyph (it=0x7fffffff2390) at xdisp.c:25880
#1  x_produce_glyphs (it=0x7fffffff2390) at xdisp.c:27175
#2  0x0000000000452032 in display_line (it=0x7fffffff2390) at xdisp.c:20676
#3  0x0000000000457868 in try_window (window=18793157, pos=..., flags=1) at
xdisp.c:17251
#4  0x0000000000460e41 in redisplay_window (window=18793157,
just_this_one_p=false)
    at xdisp.c:16700
#5  0x0000000000463b36 in redisplay_window_0 (window=<optimized out>) at
xdisp.c:14491
#6  0x000000000055e7c6 in internal_condition_case_1 (bfun=0x463b10
<redisplay_window_0>,
    arg=18793157, handlers=<optimized out>, hfun=0x429b40
<redisplay_window_error>)
    at eval.c:1339
#7  0x000000000044612e in redisplay_windows (window=<optimized out>) at
xdisp.c:14471
#8  0x000000000045cfd5 in redisplay_internal () at xdisp.c:14031
#9  0x00000000004f5299 in read_char (commandflag=1, map=109811619,
prev_event=0,
    used_mouse_menu=0x7fffffffb11f, end_time=0x0) at keyboard.c:2482
#10 0x00000000004f90c0 in read_key_sequence (keybuf=0x7fffffffb190,
prompt=0,
    dont_downcase_last=false, can_return_switch_frame=true,
fix_current_buffer=true,
    prevent_redisplay=false, bufsize=30) at keyboard.c:9068
#11 0x00000000004fa3ba in command_loop_1 () at keyboard.c:1370
#12 0x000000000055e82a in internal_condition_case (bfun=0x4fa1f0
<command_loop_1>,
    handlers=<optimized out>, hfun=0x4f8200 <cmd_error>) at eval.c:1315
#13 0x00000000004f81ec in command_loop_2 (ignore=<optimized out>) at
keyboard.c:1112
#14 0x000000000055e8b8 in internal_catch (tag=<optimized out>,
    func=0x4f81d0 <command_loop_2>, arg=0) at eval.c:1080
#15 0x00000000004f7f67 in command_loop () at keyboard.c:1091
#16 0x00000000004f7ff5 in recursive_edit_1 () at keyboard.c:697
#17 0x00000000004f8135 in Frecursive_edit () at keyboard.c:768
#18 0x00000000004e997e in main (argc=<optimized out>, argv=<optimized out>)
at emacs.c:1629

-- 

Kaushal Modi