Subject: bug#29031: 25.3; Segmentation fault when starting emacs with my config

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2019 02:44:57 +0200

tags 29031 + moreinfo
quit

Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]> writes:

> Kaushal Modi <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> I have no idea what that is. I am not a C developer. So I haven't yet
>> found time to learn valgrind. I read the referenced DEBUG file, but
>> it made no sense. I believe it's a steep learning curve for someone
>> who doesn't know what valgrind is.
>
> Could you try just installing valgrind, reconfiguring and recompile
> emacs with --enable-checking (reconfigure after installing valgrind, as
> configure checks for its header file) and then running 'valgrind emacs'
> and posting the result.  I tried this now without making any more
> complex changes suggested in DEBUG and emacs did manage to run.  There
> were a couple of warnings about pselect and writev, but otherwise it
> seemed to work okay.
>
> It's possible something useful will come out.  If not, we can consider
> whether it's worth trying the more complex stuff.

Are you still seeing this?  If the answer is yes, it seems like more
information is needed here to progress.  Could you please try the
procedure suggested above by Noam Postavsky on Emacs 26.3?

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas