Subject: bug#29029: 27.0.50; Internal error in rng-ipattern-after

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2017 14:30:54 -0400

Backtrace:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Internal error in rng-ipattern-after: unexpected 
  signal(error ("Internal error in rng-ipattern-after: unexpected type empty"))
  error("Internal error in rng-ipattern-after: unexpected type %s" empty)
  rng-ipattern-after(#1=[empty -2 nil nil t nil nil nil #1# nil #2=[not-allowed -3 nil 
  mapcar(rng-ipattern-after (#1=[empty -2 nil nil t nil nil nil #1# nil #2=[not-allowed
  rng-transform-multi(rng-ipattern-after [choice 1672 nil (#1=[empty -2 nil nil t nil n
  rng-transform-choice(rng-ipattern-after [choice 1672 nil (#1=[empty -2 nil nil t nil 
  rng-ipattern-after([choice 1672 nil (#1=[empty -2 nil nil t nil nil nil #1# nil #2=[n
  rng-match-after()
  rng-end-element()
  rng-process-end-tag()
  rng-forward()
  rng-do-some-validation-1(rng-validate-while-idle-continue-p)
  rng-do-some-validation(rng-validate-while-idle-continue-p)
  rng-validate-while-idle(#<buffer rawsock.xml>)
  nxml-parent-document-set("/Users/sds/src/clisp/current/doc/impnotes.xml.in")
  clisp-nxml-mode-hook()
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

The text around position 3960 (marked by <*>):

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
  <member><code>(&socketpair; &dom-r; &type-r; &proto-r;)</code></member>
 </simplelist><*>using same-named lisp functions in package
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

I get this error on every single XML file in the CLISP manual.

E.g., in another file:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Internal error in rng-ipattern-after: unexpected
  signal(error ("Internal error in rng-ipattern-after: unexpected type group"))
  error("Internal error in rng-ipattern-after: unexpected type %s" group)
  rng-ipattern-after([group 1701 nil ([choice 1646 nil (#1=[empty -2 nil nil t nil nil
  rng-match-after()
  rng-end-element()
  rng-process-end-tag()
  rng-forward()
  rng-do-some-validation-1(rng-validate-while-idle-continue-p)
  rng-do-some-validation(rng-validate-while-idle-continue-p)
  rng-validate-while-idle(#<buffer syscalls.xml>)
  nxml-parent-document-set("/Users/sds/src/clisp/current/doc/impnotes.xml.in")
  clisp-nxml-mode-hook()
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

error:
--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
Internal error in rng-validate-mode triggered at buffer position 882. Internal error in rng-ipattern-after: unexpected type group
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Text around position 882:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
     <listitem><simpara>host name</simpara></listitem></varlistentry><*>
    <varlistentry><term><structfield>aliases</structfield></term>
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Thanks!

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 3, x86_64-apple-darwin16.7.0, NS appkit-1504.83 Version 10.12.6 (Build 16G29))
 of 2017-10-16 built on Clr-Sam.local
Repository revision: eed3a3d9e95d2c5346a23c9d92ca4e5848330183
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1504
Recent messages:
Using schema ~/src/emacs/trunk/build/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/etc/schema/docbook.rnc
Set parent document to /Users/sds/src/clisp/current/doc/impnotes.xml.in
Entering debugger...
Error in debug printer: (error "Lisp nesting exceeds ‘max-lisp-eval-depth’") [4 times]
Internal error in rng-validate-mode triggered at buffer position 3960. Internal error in rng-ipattern-after: unexpected type empty

Configured using:
 'configure --with-mailutils --with-ns
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/opt/libxml2/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/opt/imagemagick/lib/pkgconfig/
 --without-makeinfo'

Configured features:
JPEG NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: C
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Text

Features:
(cperl-mode semantic/html mhtml-mode css-mode cc-langs vc-annotate eww
clhs shadow emacsbug ...)

Memory information:
((conses 16 2703822 241804)
 (symbols 48 78504 13)
 (miscs 40 32683 4838)
 (strings 32 402523 21681)
 (string-bytes 1 12277467)
 (vectors 16 168678)
 (vector-slots 8 3442966 191030)
 (floats 8 1337 4922)
 (intervals 56 206611 190)
 (buffers 992 305))

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://sds.podval.org/) on darwin Ns 10.3.1504
http://steingoldpsychology.com http://www.childpsy.net https://ffii.org
http://islamexposedonline.com http://mideasttruth.com http://no2bds.org
Small languages require big programs, large languages enable small
programs.