Subject: Re: bug#28959: 25.3; Tramp not honoring `tramp-backup-directory-alist'

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 18:34:46 +0100

Version: 26.1

"Matz, Daniel A. (JSC-EG511)" <[email-masked]> writes:

> Michael,

Hi Daniel,

> Well that explains it then.  The configuration you suggested does
> indeed do what I want.

[For the archives: I've recommended to use `backup-directory-alist'
instead of `tramp-backup-directory-alist']

OK, so I'm closing the bug.

> I apologize for taking up your time with this when in the end it was
> just user error!

Your bug report was helpful! As you have seen with my patch, I found a
Tramp error indeed, which is fixed now.

> Thank you again for your help, and for Tramp!
>
> Daniel

Best regards, Michael.