Subject: bug#28955: 27.0.50; mouse event translation loses parameters

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2019 19:04:32 +0200

Sam Steingold <[email-masked]> writes:

> Either of the following:
>
> ```
> (define-key key-translation-map (kbd "<s-mouse-1>") (kbd "<mouse-2>"))
> ```

[...]

> 2. Actually clicking s-mouse-1:
> ```
> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "mouse-yank-primary must be bound to an event with ...")
>   call-interactively(mouse-yank-primary nil nil)
>   command-execute(mouse-yank-primary)

I don't have a Super key here, but I was able to reproduce the bug with
Hyper:

(define-key key-translation-map (kbd "<H-mouse-1>") (kbd "<mouse-2>"))

H-click-1:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "mouse-yank-primary must be bound to an event with ...")
  call-interactively(mouse-yank-primary nil nil)
  command-execute(mouse-yank-primary)

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no