Subject: Re: bug#28953: 11.91.0; wrong alert about inexistent LaTeX errors

From: Mosè Giordano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2017 00:59:25 +0200

2017-10-24 9:25 GMT+02:00 jfbu <[email-masked]>:
> What about spaces? I know there isn't
> a single file with spaces in its path on my TeX installation,
> and I personally will never ever attempt to use such in my
> TEXMFHOME or in the document repertory or sub-repertories.

TeX and AUCTeX don't have problems with spaces in file names.  I also
avoid spaces in file names, but asking people to completely stop using
spaces in order to make AUCTeX work doesn't look good.

> People doing
>
> \section{foo}\label{sec:1: (authorA)}
>
> See \ref{sec:1: (authorA)}
>
> will similarly get bitten by this problem.

Are there really people mixing numeric style and literal style in
labels? :-)  Using anything beside [a-zA-Z0-9-:] in LaTeX labels is
usually a bad idea, just because there are packages playing with
catcodes.  For example, underscores are legal in labels, but there are
cases where you can get into troubles if you use them, see for example
https://tex.stackexchange.com/q/121416/31416 or
https://tex.stackexchange.com/a/18312/31416.

Bye,
Mosè