Subject: bug#28951: closed (Re: [PATCH] Re: bug#28951: The upstream URL of our Synergy package is broken)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2017 22:25:02 +0000

Your bug report

#28951: The upstream URL of our Synergy package is broken

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
28951: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=28951
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: [PATCH] Re: bug#28951: The upstream URL of our Synergy package is broken
From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
To: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2017 15:24:47 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> skribis:

> From 69b6fb09ba7d40a94b6b0fe34677030e3590069e Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
> From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
> Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2017 08:11:38 -0400
> Subject: [PATCH] gnu: synergy: Update repository URI and hash.
>
> * gnu/packages/synergy.scm (synergy)[uri]: Replace synergy by synergy-core.
> [sha256]: Update to reflect the name change of the archive root directory.

Applied, thanks for the careful verification!  It’s good to have a
fiasco detector.  ;-)

Ludo'.

Subject: The upstream URL of our Synergy package is broken
From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
To: bug-guix <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2017 22:33:05 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello, here's what attempting to fetch the source URL gives us:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
Starting download of /tmp/fileLHAs7Q/upstream-synergy-1.8.8.tar.gz
>From https://github.com/symless/synergy/archive/v1.8.8-stable.tar.gz...
ERROR: download failed "https://github.com/symless/synergy/archive/v1.8.8-stable.tar.gz" 404 "Not Found"
failed to download "/tmp/fileLHAs7Q/upstream-synergy-1.8.8.tar.gz" from
"https://github.com/symless/synergy/archive/v1.8.8-stable.tar.gz"
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

It seems the repo was reorganized; potentially we should now use
https://github.com/symless/synergy-core instead of
https://github.com/symless/synergy.

Maxim