Subject: bug#28948: feh does encounter certificate errors with valid certificates

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2017 17:14:07 +0100

Marius Bakke <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Marius Bakke <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> I submitted it upstream in hope of getting feedback/testing there, but
>> it was simply merged as-is: <https://github.com/derf/feh/pull/340>
>>
>> I do agree that it's rather crude, will try to improve it a bit.
>
> Feh 2.22 has been released with this patch, so I pushed the
> native-search-path update with it.

Neat.

> I think we should add the CURL_CA_BUNDLE search path to the "curl"
> package too so that we can control it on foreign distros (it seems to
> opportunistically search /etc/ssl/certs), and make libcurl users that
> implement it inherit from curl using (package-native-search-paths ...).
>
> I'll do that on 'core-updates' in a few days if no further comments.

Sounds good!

Not entirely sure about duplicating the ‘native-search-paths’ in all the
users of libcurl: it’s inelegant, but OTOH it solves the problem, so
it’s definitely an improvement.

Thank you,
Ludo’.