Subject: bug#28948: feh does encounter certificate errors with valid certificates

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2017 22:35:39 +0100

Marius Bakke <[email-masked]> writes:

> ng0 <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> feh https://i.imgur.com/263enxT.jpg
>> feh opens image
>>
>> Problem:
>> user@abyayala ~/src/guix/guix$ feh https://i.imgur.com/263enxT.jpg
>> feh WARNING: open url: server certificate verification failed. CAfile: none CRLfile: none
>> feh WARNING: https://i.imgur.com/263enxT.jpg - File does not exist
>> feh: No loadable images specified.
>> See 'man feh' for detailed usage information
>
> This is the same issue with libcurl as has been discussed many times in
> the past.  Since it won't be fixed upstream any time soon (support for
> CURL_CA_BUNDLE has been removed also for Windows), I suggest we "bite
> the bullet" this time and add a hard-coded default.

This would mean that individual users no longer have control over what
certificate authorities they want to trust.

Does anything speak against patching in support for the CURL_CA_BUNDLE
environment variable?

--
Ricardo

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
https://elephly.net