Subject: bug#28946: licence problem with cufflinks

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2017 09:10:51 +0200

Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Dave,
>
>> I noticed that there's a package for cufflinks, but it has a non-free
>> component.  It isn't packaged for Debian or Fedora because of that.  See
>> <https://github.com/cole-trapnell-lab/cufflinks/issues/16>.
>
> Thank you for the information! I’m going to investigate this.
[…]

I have written email to [email-masked] to report my findings and ask
about details.

> I’ll review this problem and will remove cufflinks by the end of this if
> we come to the conclusion that it cannot be considered free.

That’s still what I intend to do.

--
Ricardo

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
https://elephly.net