Subject: 26.0.90; ert-find-test-other-window does not work

From: Erik Hahn <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2017 16:59:59 +0200

1. M-x set-variable <RET> debug-on-error <RET> t

2. Create a new file with the following content:

    (require 'ert)
    (ert-deftest my-test ()
        (should nil))

3. Load that file using (load "/path/to/file.el")

4. M-x ert-find-test-other-window <RET> my-test <RET>

This results in the following backtrace:

    Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Don’t know where ‘my-test’ is defined")
    signal(error ("Don’t know where ‘my-test’ is defined"))
    error("Don't know where `%s' is defined" my-test)
    find-function-search-for-symbol(my-test ert-deftest nil)
    find-definition-noselect(my-test ert-deftest)
    find-function-do-it(my-test ert-deftest switch-to-buffer-other-window)
    ert-find-test-other-window(my-test)
    ert-results-find-test-at-point-other-window()
    funcall-interactively(ert-results-find-test-at-point-other-window)
    call-interactively(ert-results-find-test-at-point-other-window nil nil)
    command-execute(ert-results-find-test-at-point-other-window)

In GNU Emacs 26.0.90 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2017-10-13 built on erik-P751JA
Repository revision: 55e313f7bea318f03bac0a2c9db362ed361961e6
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11804000
System Description:	Linux Mint 18 Sarah

Recent messages:
Source file ‘/home/erik/emacs/lisp/emacs-lisp/ert.el’ newer than byte-compiled file
Loading /home/erik/.emacs.d/recentf...done
Loading tramp...done
Source file ‘/home/erik/.emacs.d/lisp/multi-lv.el’ newer than byte-compiled file
Source file ‘/home/erik/.emacs.d/elpa/disable-mouse-0.3/disable-mouse.el’ newer than byte-compiled file

Configured using:
 'configure --with-x-toolkit=lucid CFLAGS=-O2'

Configured features:
XAW3D XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY LIBSELINUX
GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS LUCID X11 LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: 
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  edebug-x-mode: t
  aggressive-indent-mode: t
  highlight-indent-guides-mode: t
  multi-lv-mode: t
  global-display-line-numbers-mode: t
  display-line-numbers-mode: t
  truncate-buffer-name-mode: t
  truncate-buffer-name-local-mode: t
  evil-modeline-color-mode: t
  rxt-global-mode: t
  rxt-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  auto-insert-mode: t
  diff-hl-flydiff-mode: t
  global-diff-hl-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  global-flycheck-mode: t
  flycheck-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  counsel-mode: t
  ivy-mode: t
  evil-commentary-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  evil-mode: t
  evil-local-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  cl-old-struct-compat-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
~/.emacs.d/lisp/goto-chg hides /home/erik/.emacs.d/elpa/goto-chg-20170917.1200/goto-chg
~/.emacs.d/lisp/macros hides /home/erik/emacs/lisp/macros
~/.emacs.d/lisp/elint hides /home/erik/emacs/lisp/emacs-lisp/elint

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags
company-gtags company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files
company-capf company-cmake company-xcode company-clang company-semantic
company-eclim company-template company-css company-nxml company-bbdb
company emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml
mml-sec epa derived epg gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils colir
add-log edebug-x aggressive-indent highlight-indent-guides color
multi-lv-mode multi-lv disable-mouse display-line-numbers edebug
evil-modeline-color face-remap generic-x evil-surround server pcre2el
rxt pcase re-builder which-func imenu autoinsert skeleton elec-pair
diff-hl-flydiff diff-hl vc-dir vc vc-dispatcher diff-mode easy-mmode
magit-section magit-utils crm tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver
ucs-normalize parse-time format-spec cus-start cus-load flycheck
cl-extra json help-mode recentf tree-widget wid-edit counsel jka-compr
esh-util etags xref project swiper ivy-hydra hydra lv ivy flx delsel
ivy-overlay ffap evil-indent-plus evil-visualstar evil-commentary
evil-commentary-integration evil evil-integration evil-maps
evil-commands flyspell ispell evil-jumps evil-command-window evil-types
evil-search evil-ex shell pcomplete comint ansi-color evil-macros
evil-repeat evil-states evil-core advice evil-common windmove thingatpt
rect evil-digraphs evil-vars ring with-eval-after-load-feature cl paren
savehist undo-tree diff macros ert pp find-func ewoc debug
local-autoloads map diminish subr-x dash-functional dash s finder-inf
edmacro kmacro tex-site rx info package easymenu epg-config url-handlers
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv
cl-loaddefs cl-lib time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 496027 311784)
 (symbols 48 40786 2)
 (miscs 40 60 160)
 (strings 32 110872 42051)
 (string-bytes 1 3245943)
 (vectors 16 63351)
 (vector-slots 8 1079063 267483)
 (floats 8 286 573)
 (intervals 56 2855 265)
 (buffers 992 12)
 (heap 1024 68115 21802))