Subject: bug#28845: gnus-cloud does not work

From: Joakim Jalap <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2017 10:08:44 +0100

Ted Zlatanov <[email-masked]> writes:

> Right, that's the actual data. So if you set gnus-cloud-sequence lower
> than the biggest one in the IMAP group, that data will be downloaded and
> interpreted.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
I'm terribly sorry, but I just can't seem to get it to work. Perhaps you
could show me the exact commands needed to 'reset' everything after our
experiments? Right now it just doesn't work, I can download the
gnus-cloud data but it refuses to apply it because of something with the
timestamps: "Skipping outdated cloud info for group...". I don't
understand what this means... do I have to download the data the first
thing I do when starting gnus, before pressing 'g'?

Anyway, what I wan't to do is the following: I have a computer 'box1'
where I run gnus in screen, and I ssh to it to read my news.

I have another computer 'box2' (my desktop) and I'd like to read the
news there instead, so I want to get the state of gnus to be exactly the
same on the two boxes (where right now box2 is far behind, showing as
unread stuff I read months ago on box1).

So could you please tell me the commands to use on box1 and box2 in
order to get themn synced? Uploading data to gmail seems to work now, so
I guess we can skip that step. What I tried doing so far is this:

I deleted all the mails in the Emacs-Cloud folder on gmail, and then:

On box1:
(setq gnus-cloud-sequence 0)
~-u

On box2:
(setq gnus-cloud-sequence 0)
~-d

However, the *Group* buffer on box2 seems unchanged, and I got the
messages about "Skipping outdated cloud info". So is there something
more I need to reset?

Regards,
Joakim