Subject: bug#28845: gnus-cloud does not work, bug#28845: gnus-cloud does not work

From: Ted Zlatanov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2017 16:40:29 -0500

On Wed, 13 Dec 2017 16:45:30 +0100 Joakim Jalap <[email-masked]> wrote: 

JJ> Funnily enough, when I changed to gmail, it still doesn't work with nil,
JJ> but it seems to work with 'epg!

Oh. Try 'base64 or even better, use the Customize interface. Sorry.

JJ> When I do '~ d' I get this in *Messages*:

JJ> nnimap read 0k from imap.gmail.com [2 times]

JJ> and this in *imap log*:

JJ> 16:27:06 [imap.gmail.com] 1044 EXAMINE "Emacs-Cloud"^M
JJ> 16:27:06 [imap.gmail.com] 1045 UID FETCH 1:* FLAGS^M
JJ> 16:27:07 [imap.gmail.com] 1046 SELECT "Emacs-Cloud"^M
JJ> 16:27:07 [imap.gmail.com] 1047 UID FETCH 0:1 (UID RFC822.SIZE X-GM-LABELS
JJ> BODYSTRUCTURE BODY.PEEK[HEADER.FIELDS (Subject From Date Message-Id References
JJ> In-Reply-To Xref X-Diary-Time-Zone X-Diary-Dow X-Diary-Year X-Diary-Month
JJ> X-Diary-Dom X-Diary-Hour X-Diary-Minute To Newsgroups Cc)])^M

OK, you need to either set `gnus-cloud-sequence' to 0 or run

M-x (gnus-cloud-download-data nil (- gnus-cloud-sequence 3)) RET

It won't download anything before or equal to `gnus-cloud-sequence' but
the above command will force it (without updating anything on disk or in
the newsrc).

JJ> So... I think it seems to work with gmail (not sure how I can verify it
JJ> actually works... I will try from home tonight) but not with fastmail.
JJ> And for me it doesn't work with nil, but 'epg works.

OK, let's leave fastmail out as a potential factor for now and make sure
we have a known good case. Almost there :)

JJ> Something which might be of importance is that I created the folder (is
JJ> it called that?) 'Emacs-Cloud' manually in fastmail. That was the last
JJ> time I tried to debug this. Before I did that I got some other error.

That shouldn't matter, but it's good to know and maybe it can be automated.

JJ> I tried downloading from my home computer, but nothing happens, I get
JJ> this in *Messages*
...
JJ> 19:42:26 [imap.gmail.com] 83 UID FETCH  (UID RFC822.SIZE X-GM-LABELS BODYSTRUCTURE BODY.PEEK[HEADER.FIELDS (Subject From Date Message-Id References In-Reply-To Xref To Newsgroups Cc)])^M

JJ> But nothing changes in my *Group* buffer, which I assumed it would?

Same as above, do the M-x manually :)

Thanks
Ted