Subject: Re: bug#28845: gnus-cloud does not work

From: Joakim Jalap <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2017 16:45:30 +0100

Ted Zlatanov <[email-masked]> writes:

> OK. I just tested with the latest master build of emacs.git and had no
> issues. So we know it's something different in either code or IMAP
> server support.
>
> To ensure we're testing the same setup, can you try against a gmail IMAP
> server? You should be able to `I' set the cloud host from the Server
> buffer.
>
> Also see if you can test with the latest checkout of master to remove
> the possibility something old is broken.

I think I have a pretty recent version, I pulled master on the 11th.

> OK, let's stick to nil for now to make testing easier and remove that
> extra complexity.

Funnily enough, when I changed to gmail, it still doesn't work with nil,
but it seems to work with 'epg!

When I try with nil I get this in *Messages*:

Leaving cloud data plaintext
Message contains NUL characters.  Delete, continue, abort?  (d, c, a, ?): 
Failed to upload Gnus Cloud data to nnimap+gmail:Emacs-Cloud

and this in *imap log*:

16:21:51 [imap.gmail.com] (inhibited)
16:21:53 [imap.gmail.com] 1039 CAPABILITY^M
16:21:57 [imap.gmail.com] 1040 APPEND "Emacs-Cloud" {22926}^M

When I try with 'epg I get this in *Messages*:

Opening connection to imap.gmail.com via tls...
Opening connection to imap.gmail.com...done
Uploaded Gnus Cloud data successfully to nnimap+gmail:Emacs-Cloud

and this in *imap log*:

16:23:03 [imap.gmail.com] (inhibited)
16:23:07 [imap.gmail.com] 1042 CAPABILITY^M
16:23:09 [imap.gmail.com] 1043 APPEND "Emacs-Cloud" {9544}^M

When I do '~ d' I get this in *Messages*:

nnimap read 0k from imap.gmail.com [2 times]

and this in *imap log*:

16:27:06 [imap.gmail.com] 1044 EXAMINE "Emacs-Cloud"^M
16:27:06 [imap.gmail.com] 1045 UID FETCH 1:* FLAGS^M
16:27:07 [imap.gmail.com] 1046 SELECT "Emacs-Cloud"^M
16:27:07 [imap.gmail.com] 1047 UID FETCH 0:1 (UID RFC822.SIZE X-GM-LABELS BODYSTRUCTURE BODY.PEEK[HEADER.FIELDS (Subject From Date Message-Id References In-Reply-To Xref X-Diary-Time-Zone X-Diary-Dow X-Diary-Year X-Diary-Month X-Diary-Dom X-Diary-Hour X-Diary-Minute To Newsgroups Cc)])^M

So... I think it seems to work with gmail (not sure how I can verify it
actually works... I will try from home tonight) but not with fastmail.
And for me it doesn't work with nil, but 'epg works.

Something which might be of importance is that I created the folder (is
it called that?) 'Emacs-Cloud' manually in fastmail. That was the last
time I tried to debug this. Before I did that I got some other error.

Reagards,
Joakim