Subject: bug#28845: gnus-cloud does not work

From: Ted Zlatanov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2017 08:58:33 -0500

On Wed, 13 Dec 2017 08:49:22 +0100 Joakim Jalap <[email-masked]> wrote: 

JJ> Ted Zlatanov <[email-masked]> writes:
JJ> I'm also running with debug-on-error, but that doesn't trigger.
>> 
>> I assume there's nothing useful in *Messages*?

JJ> Unfortunately not.

OK. I just tested with the latest master build of emacs.git and had no
issues. So we know it's something different in either code or IMAP
server support.

To ensure we're testing the same setup, can you try against a gmail IMAP
server? You should be able to `I' set the cloud host from the Server
buffer.

Also see if you can test with the latest checkout of master to remove
the possibility something old is broken.

>> Hmm. I just tried it and had no issues on upload or download. Could you
>> try setting `gnus-cloud-storage-method' to nil to bypass encoding
>> altogether? Then try the other methods, to see if the default 'epg
>> storage method is the issue? If it is, we can focus on the EPG
>> integration. If it's not, we'll keep digging into nnimap itself.

JJ> I tried them all, but the result is the same (except that I'm not asked
JJ> for a password of course).

OK, let's stick to nil for now to make testing easier and remove that
extra complexity.

Thanks
Ted