Subject: bug#28845: gnus-cloud does not work

From: Ted Zlatanov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2017 13:34:53 -0500

On Tue, 12 Dec 2017 16:24:09 +0100 Joakim Jalap <[email-masked]> wrote: 

JJ> Since I was one of the, apparently, few who used 'gnus-sync' and I've
JJ> missed it ever since it disappeared, I thought I'd chime in here. I'd be
JJ> glad to provide all the info I can.

Thanks for your help.

JJ> For starters I don't have the same problem as Andreas. I've done the
JJ> setup as described in the manual. My *Server* buffer looks like this:

JJ>      {nnfolder:archive} (opened)
JJ>      {nndraft:} (opened)
JJ>      {nntp:eternal-september} (opened) (cloud-sync)
JJ>      {nnimap:fastmail} (opened) (CLOUD-HOST)
JJ>      {nnimap:gmail} (opened)
JJ>      {nntp:gmane} (opened) (cloud-sync)

JJ> When I try to do '~ u' in the *Group* buffer I get the following
JJ> message (after entering and reentering a passphrase):

JJ> Failed to upload Gnus Cloud data to nnimap+fastmail:Emacs-Cloud

JJ> I've turned on `nnimap-record-commands', and this is what's in the *imap
JJ> log* buffer:

JJ> 16:14:20 [mail.messagingengine.com] 324 SELECT "Emacs-Cloud"^M
JJ> 16:14:20 [mail.messagingengine.com] 325 CREATE "Emacs-Cloud"^M
JJ> 16:14:25 [mail.messagingengine.com] 326 APPEND "Emacs-Cloud" {4362}^M

JJ> I'm also running with debug-on-error, but that doesn't trigger.

I assume there's nothing useful in *Messages*?

Hmm. I just tried it and had no issues on upload or download. Could you
try setting `gnus-cloud-storage-method' to nil to bypass encoding
altogether? Then try the other methods, to see if the default 'epg
storage method is the issue? If it is, we can focus on the EPG
integration. If it's not, we'll keep digging into nnimap itself.

Thanks again
Ted