Subject: bug#28845: gnus-cloud does not work

From: Joakim Jalap <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2017 16:24:09 +0100

Ted Zlatanov <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Sun, 15 Oct 2017 10:38:44 +0200 Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]> wrote: 
>
> AS> When trying to set up a gnus-cloud I got this error, rendering it unsuable:
> AS> nnimap-request-accept-article: Writing to process: Bad file descriptor, *nnimap*
>
> Can you provide a stack trace, your settings, or other typically useful
> information for resolving a bug?
>
> Thanks
> Ted

Since I was one of the, apparently, few who used 'gnus-sync' and I've
missed it ever since it disappeared, I thought I'd chime in here. I'd be
glad to provide all the info I can.

For starters I don't have the same problem as Andreas. I've done the
setup as described in the manual. My *Server* buffer looks like this:

     {nnfolder:archive} (opened)
     {nndraft:} (opened)
     {nntp:eternal-september} (opened) (cloud-sync)
     {nnimap:fastmail} (opened) (CLOUD-HOST)
     {nnimap:gmail} (opened)
     {nntp:gmane} (opened) (cloud-sync)

When I try to do '~ u' in the *Group* buffer I get the following
message (after entering and reentering a passphrase):

Failed to upload Gnus Cloud data to nnimap+fastmail:Emacs-Cloud

I've turned on `nnimap-record-commands', and this is what's in the *imap
log* buffer:

16:14:20 [mail.messagingengine.com] 324 SELECT "Emacs-Cloud"^M
16:14:20 [mail.messagingengine.com] 325 CREATE "Emacs-Cloud"^M
16:14:25 [mail.messagingengine.com] 326 APPEND "Emacs-Cloud" {4362}^M

I'm also running with debug-on-error, but that doesn't trigger.

That's about as far as I got. Long ago I tried debugging it, but I got
lost in the maze of nnimap.

If there's some more data I can provide I'd be more than happy to.