Subject: [bug#28841] [PATCH 03/24] gnu: Add java-eclipse-jetty-test-helper.

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2017 16:46:17 +0200

Julien Lepiller <[email-masked]> writes:

> Le Thu, 19 Oct 2017 11:57:07 +0200,
> julien lepiller <[email-masked]> a écrit :
>
>> Le 2017-10-18 22:50, Ricardo Wurmus a écrit:
>> > Hi Julien,
>> >
>> >> From: Julien Lepiller <[email-masked]>
>> >>
>> >> * gnu/packages/java.scm (java-eclipse-jetty-test-helper): New
>> >> variable.
>> >
>> > […]
>> >
>> > I wonder: is there a better place for this than java.scm?  The same
>> > question applies to all other patches in this series.  Let’s try to
>> > avoid a second python.scm situation :)
>>
>> eclipse.scm? Or maybe maven.scm, with all other maven bootstrap
>> dependencies (and maven itself)? Or maven-bootstrap.scm, maven.scm
>> being for the complete maven built with maven-bootstrap, and all the
>> plugins of maven?
>
> So, I've corrected all your comments, except this one, and I don't want
> to push without some sort of a consensus. Do I add these packages to
> java.scm, eclipse.scm, maven.scm, maven-bootstrap.scm?

Since Eclipse Jetty is a Java HTTP server I’d just put it in web.scm.
Please also make sure that the description says something like “…helper
classes for the Jetty HTTP server…” or similar.

I could imagine an “eclipse” module to grow a lot, because there’s so
much software under than umbrella.  And since Jetty is usable without
Maven I think it really shouldn’t just be put in a new maven.scm.

Does this make sense?

--
Ricardo

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
https://elephly.net