Subject: Re: bug#28840: openrct2 cannot find data-path

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2017 18:01:10 +0200

Hi Jelle,

Jelle Licht <[email-masked]> skribis:

> The recently committed (and awesome) openrct2 built correctly,
> but cannot currently find the needed language and shader files
> for the game and therefore crashes. To make it work, I currently
> have to invoke it via a command like
> `--openrct-data-path=/gnu/store/<hash>-openrct2-0.1.1/share/openrct2/',
> which imho is not optimal.
>
> I dove into the source of openrct, and it seems there are still
> some vestiges of the cmake flag we want, namely
> ORCT2_RESOURCE_DIR. Sadly, support for configuring this variable
> seems to have been removed about 4 months ago.
>
> I opened an issue upstream regarding this[1], but maybe there is
> an easy workaround we can use until a fix is hopefully released.
> I was thinking of either a phase which calls `wrap-program', or
> adding the required flag back via a short snippet.

Are you talking about the game assets, or is it something different?

(Did you see the discussion at
<https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=28794#8>?)

Cheers,
Ludo’.