Subject: 25.3; ERC: Error in post-command-hook (erc-scroll-to-bottom): (error "‘recenter’ing a window that does not display current-buffer.")

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2017 12:52:46 -0600

Running Emacs 25.3.1, I run into the error:
Error in post-command-hook (erc-scroll-to-bottom): (error "‘recenter’ing
a window that does not display current-buffer.")

 From 'emacs -Q' this can be reproduced by evaluating:
(require 'erc-goodies)
(setq erc-input-line-position -1)
(erc-scrolltobottom-enable)

Join a server; join a channel and wait for all the text to load; join
another channel, then switch back to previous channel.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

In GNU Emacs 25.3.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.18.9)
  of 2017-09-15 built on c
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 
11.0.11903000
System Description:	Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY FREETYPE XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11

Important settings:
   value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Messages

Minor modes in effect:
   recentf-mode: t
   winner-mode: t
   which-key-mode: t
   ace-popup-menu-mode: t
   pdf-occur-global-minor-mode: t
   show-paren-mode: t
   display-time-mode: t
   ivy-mode: t
   delete-selection-mode: t
   erc-spelling-mode: t
   erc-log-mode: t
   erc-list-mode: t
   erc-menu-mode: t
   erc-autojoin-mode: t
   erc-ring-mode: t
   erc-networks-mode: t
   erc-pcomplete-mode: t
   erc-track-mode: t
   erc-track-minor-mode: t
   erc-match-mode: t
   erc-button-mode: t
   erc-fill-mode: t
   erc-stamp-mode: t
   erc-netsplit-mode: t
   erc-irccontrols-mode: t
   erc-noncommands-mode: t
   erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
   erc-readonly-mode: t
   erc-scrolltobottom-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   global-eldoc-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   buffer-read-only: t
   column-number-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Opening TLS connection with ‘gnutls-cli --x509cafile 
/etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt -p 6697 lainchan.org --protocols 
ssl3’...failed
Opening TLS connection with ‘openssl s_client -connect lainchan.org:6697 
-no_ssl2 -ign_eof’...done
Opening TLS connection to ‘lainchan.org’...done
Connecting to lainchan.org:6697... ...done
Logging in as `S1ohy'...
Logging in without password
Logging in as ‘S1ohy’... done
Error in post-command-hook (erc-scroll-to-bottom): (error "‘recenter’ing 
a window that does not display current-buffer.")
Quit [2 times]
Error in post-command-hook (erc-scroll-to-bottom): (error "‘recenter’ing 
a window that does not display current-buffer.")

Load-path shadows:
/home/u/.emacs.d/elpa/emms-20170913.1307/emms-playlist-mode hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/emms/emms-playlist-mode
/home/u/.emacs.d/elpa/emms-20170913.1307/emms-mark hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/emms/emms-mark
/home/u/.emacs.d/elpa/emms-20170913.1307/emms-browser hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/emms/emms-browser
/home/u/.emacs.d/elpa/emms-20170913.1307/emms-info-mp3info hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/emms/emms-info-mp3info
/home/u/.emacs.d/elpa/emms-20170913.1307/emms-stream-info hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/emms/emms-stream-info
/home/u/.emacs.d/elpa/emms-20170913.1307/emms-last-played hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/emms/emms-last-played
/home/u/.emacs.d/elpa/emms-20170913.1307/jack hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/emms/jack
/home/u/.emacs.d/elpa/emms-20170913.1307/emms-bookmarks hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/emms/emms-bookmarks
/home/u/.emacs.d/elpa/emms-20170913.1307/emms-player-mplayer hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/emms/emms-player-mplayer
/home/u/.emacs.d/elpa/emms-20170913.1307/emms-show-all hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/emms/emms-show-all
/home/u/.emacs.d/elpa/emms-20170913.1307/emms-lyrics hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/emms/emms-lyrics
/home/u/.emacs.d/elpa/emms-20170913.1307/emms-volume-amixer hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/emms/emms-volume-amixer
/home/u/.emacs.d/elpa/emms-20170913.1307/emms-compat hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/emms/emms-compat
/home/u/.emacs.d/elpa/emms-20170913.1307/emms-info-metaflac hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/emms/emms-info-metaflac
/home/u/.emacs.d/elpa/emms-20170913.1307/emms-mode-line-icon hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/emms/emms-mode-line-icon
/home/u/.emacs.d/elpa/emms-20170913.1307/emms-history hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/emms/emms-history
/home/u/.emacs.d/elpa/emms-20170913.1307/emms-source-file hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/emms/emms-source-file
/home/u/.emacs.d/elpa/emms-20170913.1307/emms-score hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/emms/emms-score
/home/u/.emacs.d/elpa/emms-20170913.1307/emms-cue hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/emms/emms-cue
/home/u/.emacs.d/elpa/emms-20170913.1307/emms-player-mpg321-remote hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/emms/emms-player-mpg321-remote
/home/u/.emacs.d/elpa/emms-20170913.1307/emms-player-simple hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/emms/emms-player-simple
/home/u/.emacs.d/elpa/emms-20170913.1307/emms-volume-pulse hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/emms/emms-volume-pulse
/home/u/.emacs.d/elpa/emms-20170913.1307/emms-i18n hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/emms/emms-i18n
/home/u/.emacs.d/elpa/emms-20170913.1307/emms-info-libtag hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/emms/emms-info-libtag
/home/u/.emacs.d/elpa/emms-20170913.1307/emms-librefm-stream hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/emms/emms-librefm-stream
/home/u/.emacs.d/elpa/emms-20170913.1307/emms-info-ogginfo hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/emms/emms-info-ogginfo
/home/u/.emacs.d/elpa/emms-20170913.1307/emms-playlist-sort hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/emms/emms-playlist-sort
/home/u/.emacs.d/elpa/emms-20170913.1307/emms-playlist-limit hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/emms/emms-playlist-limit
/home/u/.emacs.d/elpa/emms-20170913.1307/emms-streams hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/emms/emms-streams
/home/u/.emacs.d/elpa/emms-20170913.1307/emms-cache hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/emms/emms-cache
/home/u/.emacs.d/elpa/emms-20170913.1307/emms-player-vlc hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/emms/emms-player-vlc
/home/u/.emacs.d/elpa/emms-20170913.1307/emms-setup hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/emms/emms-setup
/home/u/.emacs.d/elpa/emms-20170913.1307/emms-source-playlist hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/emms/emms-source-playlist
/home/u/.emacs.d/elpa/emms-20170913.1307/emms-metaplaylist-mode hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/emms/emms-metaplaylist-mode
/home/u/.emacs.d/elpa/emms-20170913.1307/emms-mode-line hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/emms/emms-mode-line
/home/u/.emacs.d/elpa/emms-20170913.1307/emms hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/emms/emms
/home/u/.emacs.d/elpa/emms-20170913.1307/emms-volume hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/emms/emms-volume
/home/u/.emacs.d/elpa/emms-20170913.1307/emms-player-mpd hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/emms/emms-player-mpd
/home/u/.emacs.d/elpa/emms-20170913.1307/emms-playing-time hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/emms/emms-playing-time
/home/u/.emacs.d/elpa/emms-20170913.1307/emms-info hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/emms/emms-info
/home/u/.emacs.d/elpa/emms-20170913.1307/emms-librefm-scrobbler hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/emms/emms-librefm-scrobbler
/home/u/.emacs.d/elpa/emms-20170913.1307/emms-tag-editor hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/emms/emms-tag-editor
/home/u/.emacs.d/elpa/emms-20170913.1307/emms-url hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/emms/emms-url
/home/u/.emacs.d/elpa/emms-20170913.1307/later-do hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/emms/later-do
/home/u/.emacs.d/elpa/emms-20170913.1307/emms-maint hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/emms/emms-maint
/home/u/.emacs.d/elpa/emms-20170913.1307/emms-player-xine hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/emms/emms-player-xine

Features:
(shadow mail-extr emacsbug message rfc822 mml mml-sec epg mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils recentf tree-widget
network-stream nsm starttls tls gnutls colir color lispy hydra lv iedit
iedit-lib lispy-inline subr-x semantic/db eieio-base ediff-merg
ediff-wind ediff-diff ediff-mult ediff-help ediff-init ediff-util ediff
edebug lispy-tags winner forth-mode derived info-look speedbar sb-image
ezimage dframe smart-mode-line-respectful-theme smart-mode-line
rich-minority which-key ace-popup-menu avy-menu pdf-occur ibuf-ext
ibuffer tablist tablist-filter semantic/wisent/comp semantic/wisent
semantic/wisent/wisent semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic
semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local find-func cedet
pdf-isearch let-alist pdf-misc imenu pdf-tools cus-edit cus-start
cus-load pdf-view bookmark pdf-cache pdf-info pdf-util image-mode
ace-link emms-librefm-stream xml emms-librefm-scrobbler
emms-playlist-limit emms-i18n emms-history emms-score emms-stream-info
emms-metaplaylist-mode emms-bookmarks emms-cue emms-mode-line-icon
emms-browser sort emms-playlist-sort emms-last-played emms-player-xine
emms-player-mpd emms-playing-time emms-lyrics emms-url url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
url-util mailcap emms-streams emms-show-all emms-tag-editor emms-mark
emms-mode-line emms-cache emms-info-ogginfo emms-info-mp3info emms-info
emms-player-vlc advice emms-player-mplayer emms-setup paren time
zenburn-theme ace-flyspell avy counsel jka-compr esh-util swiper ivy
delsel ivy-overlay ffap url-parse url-vars
emms-player-simple-mpv-control-functions emms-player-simple-mpv later-do
tq json map emms-volume emms-volume-amixer emms-playlist-mode
emms-source-playlist emms-source-file locate dired emms-player-simple
emms emms-compat erc-spelling flyspell ispell erc-log erc-list erc-menu
erc-join erc-ring erc-networks erc-pcomplete pcomplete erc-track
erc-match erc-button wid-edit erc-fill erc-stamp erc-netsplit
erc-goodies erc erc-backend erc-compat format-spec auth-source gnus-util
mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr password-cache slime-repl slime-parse slime
compile etags xref project eieio eieio-core arc-mode archive-mode
noutline outline easy-mmode pp comint ansi-color ring hyperspec
thingatpt browse-url finder-inf edmacro kmacro slime-autoloads info
cl-seq cl-macs cl package epg-config seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cl-extra help-mode easymenu cconv cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib
time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 344987 17995)
  (symbols 48 42482 0)
  (miscs 40 484 459)
  (strings 32 95077 18135)
  (string-bytes 1 3608197)
  (vectors 16 46431)
  (vector-slots 8 1553519 106293)
  (floats 8 716 128)
  (intervals 56 953 602)
  (buffers 976 25)
  (heap 1024 75114 2151))