Subject: Re: bug#28831: 27.0.50; debbugs: funny address in To field

From: Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2017 20:29:55 -0400

tags 28831 + patch
quit

Tino Calancha <[email-masked]> writes:

> When I reply such reports the funny address appear in CC.
> What are those '24000@https:'? Do we need them?

Hah, I thought I was the only one (somehow this report did not land in
my inbox, I only happened to find it when looking at the bug list).  The
following seems to fix it, but there is some caching.  When I open this
bug the "https:" is still there, but opening other bugs that I haven't
opened in the current session yet then it's not.  I'm not sure where the
cache is kept.

>From e1c49aec252ac8e79631c96fe68d2dcc725bdde4 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2017 20:07:05 -0400
Subject: [PATCH] Handle https url for debbugs mbox (Bug#28831)

In 2017-09-13 "Prefer HTTPS to FTP and HTTP in documentation",
gnus-bug-group-download-format-alist was updated to use https for the
debbugs.gnu.org mbox links, but gnus-read-ephemeral-bug-group assumed
http links.
* lisp/gnus/gnus-group.el (gnus-read-ephemeral-bug-group): Strip
https, not http.
---
 lisp/gnus/gnus-group.el | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/lisp/gnus/gnus-group.el b/lisp/gnus/gnus-group.el
index 985efe6272..259d046e9e 100644
--- a/lisp/gnus/gnus-group.el
+++ b/lisp/gnus/gnus-group.el
@@ -2469,7 +2469,7 @@ gnus-read-ephemeral-bug-group
 	       (format "%s@%s" (car ids)
 		       (replace-regexp-in-string
 			"/.*$" ""
-			(replace-regexp-in-string "^http://" "" mbox-url)))))
+			(replace-regexp-in-string "^https://" "" mbox-url)))))
 	  (goto-char (point-min))
 	  (while (re-search-forward (concat "^" message-unix-mail-delimiter)
 				    nil t)
-- 
2.11.0