Subject: [bug#28830] [PATCH] gnu: Add emacs-ggtags.

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2017 20:39:54 +0100

Hullo,

Oleg Pykhalov wrote:
> Pushed as cd5c3979d18ca5bc5d32b9044330453c244df1a5

Thanks (+ congratulations :-)!

Christopher Baines wrote:
> I don't think there is any harm in improving on the descriptions of the
> software from the upstream source.

Agreed. I'd go further & suggest that in cases like this, where there's
an obvious mistake upstream, we be proactive and fix it. Inelegance is
subjective; this isn't.[0]

Kind regards,

T G-R

---

[0]: it would have been correct to write ‘Frontend to <GNU Global>’.
Adding ‘the’ to it would be wrong, since ‘GNU Global’ is a proper noun.

But writing ‘Frontend to <the> GNU Global tagging <system>’ changes the
structure: the object of ‘to’ is now the word ‘system’ and not ‘GNU
Global’. ‘System‘ isn't a proper noun, so it requires an article.