Subject: bug#28814: [BUMP, PATCH] (26.0.90; When *xref* window is needed, original window-switching intent is lost )

From: [email-masked] (João Távora)
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2017 01:05:54 +0100

Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]> writes:

> On 10/26/17 7:42 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>
>> If Dmitry doesn't like 'Q', I'm not wedded to it.  Feel free to change
>> the keybinding.
>
> Thanks.

OK, scrap 'Q', keep 'TAB'. 

>> Dmitry, what's your opinion?
>
> IMO, not a bugfix, but I don't mind getting the changes in and seeing
> how many people disapprove during the pretest.

I think the C-x 4 . and C-x 5 . thing is indeed a bugfix and should go
into emacs-26.

The xref-quit-and-goto-xref is just a new feature, so stricly it should
go to master.

I'm fine either way, really.  I think if these things are in emacs-26
they will increase visibility to this relatively new feature, but since
I'm mostly scratching my own itch I don't mind if they go to emacs-27.