Subject: bug#28811: 11.90.2.2017-07-25; preview-at-point

From: Arash Esbati <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2017 00:34:06 +0100

Ken Sharp <[email-masked]> writes:

> The problem is that PostScript is a programming language, and the
> snippets above, intermingled with some other language, are a)
> difficult to read and b) shorn of context. Its hard for me to pick out
> just the PostScript from whatever the other language is and without
> knowing what the aim is its pretty much impossible to figure out what
> the PostScript is doing.

Hi Ken,

thanks for your response.  I was afraid that the solution would not be
that easy by just replacing some PostScript-code in an Elisp-function
:-)

> I don't suppose there's anyone still around who knows what the
> PostScript is supposed to do ? I really need to discuss this with
> someone who understands the intended purpose of that PostScript code.

David K. is the principle author of preview-latex and he is still
around.  I hope he can manage to find a solution with you, somehow.

> If you want to go down that route, then can I suggest reopening our
> bug 698680:
>
> https://bugs.ghostscript.com/show_bug.cgi?id=698680
>
> and attaching the PostScript file there (and any other files needed to
> make the program run).

Thanks for the offer.  I'm looking forward to seeing if David and you
can find a solution.  If it comes to file exchange, we can go this
route.

Best, Arash