Subject: bug#28810: Bayfront https file URLs trigger gnutls error

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2017 10:24:59 -0400

Hello,

I recently stumbled upon the following:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
guix download "https://bayfront.guixsd.org/file/nnn-1.3.tar.gz/sha256/0sivgcmg3hihz15v2wgbxnd0icn06pyvvqdqh8x0mwkhvm434fpb"

Starting download of /tmp/guix-file.h3ueYx
>From https://bayfront.guixsd.org/file/nnn-1.3.tar.gz/sha256/0sivgcmg3hihz15v2wgbxnd0icn06pyvvqdqh8x0mwkhvm434fpb...
ERROR: Throw to key `gnutls-error' with args `(#<gnutls-error-enum An unimplemented or disabled feature has been requested.> peer-certificate-status)'.
failed to download "/tmp/guix-file.h3ueYx" from "https://bayfront.guixsd.org/file/nnn-1.3.tar.gz/sha256/0sivgcmg3hihz15v2wgbxnd0icn06pyvvqdqh8x0mwkhvm434fpb"
guix download: error:
https://bayfront.guixsd.org/file/nnn-1.3.tar.gz/sha256/0sivgcmg3hihz15v2wgbxnd0icn06pyvvqdqh8x0mwkhvm434fpb:
download failed
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

For other substitute servers such as berlin, it works as expected:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
guix download "https://berlin.guixsd.org/file/nnn-1.3.tar.gz/sha256/0sivgcmg3hihz15v2wgbxnd0icn06pyvvqdqh8x0mwkhvm434fpb"

Starting download of /tmp/guix-file.Vrr8fE
>From https://berlin.guixsd.org/file/nnn-1.3.tar.gz/sha256/0sivgcmg3hihz15v2wgbxnd0icn06pyvvqdqh8x0mwkhvm434fpb...
 …n06pyvvqdqh8x0mwkhvm434fpb  30KiB                     4.1MiB/s 00:00 [####################] 100.0%
/gnu/store/7zs4s23a5wwp7cpiaqxhrnkbv3bb5w3k-0sivgcmg3hihz15v2wgbxnd0icn06pyvvqdqh8x0mwkhvm434fpb
0sivgcmg3hihz15v2wgbxnd0icn06pyvvqdqh8x0mwkhvm434fpb
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Maxim