Subject: bug#28809: closed (Re: bug#28809: 26.0.90; Error running timer‘image-dired-thumb-queue-run’)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2017 16:29:02 +0000

Your bug report

#28809: 26.0.90; Error running timer ‘image-dired-thumb-queue-run’

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
28809: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=28809
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#28809: 26.0.90; Error running timer ‘image-dired-thumb-queue-run’
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Mark Oteiza <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2017 19:28:00 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2017 17:24:59 -0400
> From: Mark Oteiza <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Davor Rotim <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
> 
> On 13/10/17 at 05:33pm, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > > From: Davor Rotim <[email-masked]>
> > > Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2017 15:33:24 +0200
> > > 
> > > Started with emacs -Q, opened a dired buffer, navigated to an image and pressed C-t .
> > > on it (image-dired-display-thumb) to generate a thumbnail. That leaves me with only an error message:
> > > 
> > > Error running timer ‘image-dired-thumb-queue-run’: (range-error "floor" 1505334534.0059688)
> > 
> > Mark, could you please look at this?  You changed the code to use
> > floor instead of rounding via format "%.0f", but floor returns an
> > Emacs integer which can overflow on 32-bit hosts for large time
> > values, as happens here.  I think we should use ffloor instead, and if
> > that produces a decimal point, eliminate it with "%.0f" format.
> 
> What you propose sounds fine to me.

Done.

Subject: 26.0.90; Error running timer ‘image-dired-thumb-queue-run’
From: Davor Rotim <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2017 15:33:24 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Started with emacs -Q, opened a dired buffer, navigated to an image and
pressed C-t .
on it (image-dired-display-thumb) to generate a thumbnail. That leaves me
with only an error message:

Error running timer ‘image-dired-thumb-queue-run’: (range-error "floor"
1505334534.0059688)

This happens on other image-dired thumbnail generation commands as well.

In GNU Emacs 26.0.90 (build 1, i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.24)
 of 2017-10-13 built on lambda
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11904000
System Description:    Debian GNU/Linux unstable (sid)

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Making completion list...

Configured using:
 'configure 'CFLAGS=-march=native -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector-strong'
 --prefix=/home/drot/.local
 '--program-transform-name=s/^ctags$/ctags.emacs/''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY
ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 LIBSYSTEMD LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny seq byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg
epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils elec-pair time-date
mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 8 94646 7703)
 (symbols 24 20332 1)
 (miscs 20 46 160)
 (strings 16 28171 1628)
 (string-bytes 1 742122)
 (vectors 8 13956)
 (vector-slots 4 498246 10266)
 (floats 8 50 67)
 (intervals 28 265 12)
 (buffers 528 12))