Subject: Re: bug#28803: [PATCH] Fixed compiler warnings for advised functions.

From: Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2017 21:00:40 -0400

John Williams <[email-masked]> writes:

>> We could add the test, it seems to be passing in emacs-26.  Have you
>> assigned copyright to Emacs?  (It's okay if you haven't, the patch is
>> small enough to go in regardless, we would just need to mark it.)
>
> No; how would I go about doing that? The organization of the dev site
> is a bit confusing to me.

You fill in this form:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnulib.git/tree/doc/Copyright/request-assign.program
and send it to [email-masked], then wait for further instructions
(in my experience it takes a little over a month to get a response).

>> I don't think there's much need for moving the function argument
>> retrieval out of the help system.
>
> It's not a huge deal to me, but it seems weird that something like
> nadvice.el would depend on the help system (which it would in my patch
> if I hadn't moved that function--I assume the fix that was already
> committed does something similar).

The other patch doesn't change nadvice.el.  There is another existing
call to help-function-arglist in advice--make-docstring, but since it is
used to create a docstring, to me it seems appropriate to depend on the
help system.