Subject: bug#28800: 25.3.50; Emacs -nw breaks urxvt

From: Aric81 <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2018 17:44:10 -0800

On 2017-10-22 08:28 PM, Aric81 wrote:
> On 2017-10-12 01:45 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>>> In GNU Emacs 25.3.50.2 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.18.9) of
>>> 2017-09-15 built on lgw01-amd64-022 Windowing system distributor
>>> 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11804000 System Description:
>>> Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS
>> What is "Emacs 25.3.50"? Which source code base was it built from?
>> Can you try the pretest of Emacs 26 (on alpha.gnu.org) or build the
>> emacs-26 branch of the Emacs Git repository?
>
> I have been able to reproduce this consistently, it is due to my TERM
> settings:
>
> export TERM=rxvt-unicode-256color
> emacsclient -a emacs -nw
> - exit emacs -
>
I went back in time between emacs-24.5 and emacs-25.1 and a possible
breakage might be cause by:

* 3256a47 (HEAD) Prevent pasting a region twice on an xterm or rxvt in X.

Unfortunately I have not been able to compile and try at the point in
history.

Pinging Robert J. Chassell (sorry if it is something you don't usually do).