Subject: [bug#28794] [PATCH] gnu: games: Add openrct2.

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2017 10:50:17 +0200

Hi Rutger,

Rutger Helling <[email-masked]> skribis:

> From 12255f73d23a078fc2da099f22564e20cf3c69cc Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
> From: Rutger Helling <[email-masked]>
> Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2017 10:22:27 +0200
> Subject: [PATCH] gnu: games: Add openrct2.
>
> * gnu/packages/games.scm (openrct2): New variable.

The patch LGTM.  However, when starting the program, it says that it
needs files (supposedly artwork) from the original RollerCoaster
Tycoon 2 and exits immediately.

That makes the package useless in the absence of these presumably
non-free files.

Looking at
<https://www.gnu.org/distros/free-system-distribution-guidelines.html#non-functional-data>,
I think we cannot really consider these files to be non-functional data
because the software doesn’t do anything if they are missing.  So I
wonder whether it makes sense to include it in Guix as-is.

WDYT?  Do you know what Debian or other free distros do?

Thank you,
Ludo’.