Subject: Re: [bug#28794] [PATCH] gnu: games: Add openrct2.

From: Adonay Felipe Nogueira <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2017 10:09:57 -0200

One of the bigger problems I find with such projects that aim to provide
an "engine" for running such games is that there doesn't seem to have an
effort to make the other "data" replacement. Most projects start only
with engine replacements and don't have a taskforce to provide
free/libre "data" replacement.

Now, it's true that if it's free/libre software, it might be possible to
add it to some free/libre distro. But the challenge is that these
projects seem to do little effort to not recommend non-free functional
data or non-shareable non-functional data. Such that even the software
itself directly tells something along the lines of "this is used to run
Some Non Free Game", instead of using a message like "please specify a
[insert data pack standard abbreviation here] file", so perhaps it must
be patched to remove the first messages?

ng0 <[email-masked]> writes:

> Additionally: Do you know if an upstream bug report already exists on
> replacing the original data requirements? As much as I liked RCT2 back
> then - and I still have the disks - it would be pretty cool to see a
> full re-implementation with original new art!
>

-- 
- https://libreplanet.org/wiki/User:Adfeno
- Palestrante e consultor sobre /software/ livre (não confundir com
  gratis).
- "WhatsApp"? Ele não é livre. Por favor, veja formas de se comunicar
  instantaneamente comigo no endereço abaixo.
- Contato: https://libreplanet.org/wiki/User:Adfeno#vCard
- Arquivos comuns aceitos (apenas sem DRM): Corel Draw, Microsoft
  Office, MP3, MP4, WMA, WMV.
- Arquivos comuns aceitos e enviados: CSV, GNU Dia, GNU Emacs Org, GNU
  GIMP, Inkscape SVG, JPG, LibreOffice (padrão ODF), OGG, OPUS, PDF
  (apenas sem DRM), PNG, TXT, WEBM.