Subject: 27.0.50; Recursive delete in dired does not work

From: Göktuğ Kayaalp <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2017 03:20:48 +0300

Deleting a directory in dired results in the following error (after
answering yes the two usual prompts):

  (file-error Non-regular file Is a directory <the path>)

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.11)
 of 2017-10-08 built on alpha
Repository revision: 9b3ce6252115980802adaa562af575bcd73a2c55
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11903000
System Description:	Ubuntu 17.04

Recent messages:
Omitting...
(Nothing to omit)
Mark saved where search started
Note: file is write protected
Mark saved where search started
Trashing...
(file-error Non-regular file Is a directory /igk/News)

Mark set
Quit

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/g/local --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-modules
 --with-file-notification=yes --without-threads --with-gameuser=no
 --with-mailutils'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY
ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 MODULES LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $LC_MONETARY: tr_TR.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: tr_TR.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: tr_TR.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Messages

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  auto-image-file-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  global-whitespace-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  persistent-scratch-autosave-mode: t
  pixel-scroll-mode: t
  global-paren-face-mode: t
  eval-sexp-fu-flash-mode: t
  auto-insert-mode: t
  global-gk-minor-mode: t
  gk-minor-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  gk-utf8-entry-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-quote-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/g/co/emacs.d/gk/gk-unilat hides /home/g/co/elisp/gk-unilat
/home/g/co/emacs.d/lisp/bsdpkg hides /home/g/co/elisp/bsdpkg
/home/g/co/emacs.d/gk/gk-greek hides /home/g/co/elisp/gk-greek

Features:
(shadow emacsbug conf-mode sh-script executable org-eldoc org-rmail
org-mhe org-irc org-info org-gnus org-docview org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb
org-w3m eieio-opt speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe help-fns radix-tree
vc-git diff-mode dired-aux vc-filewise mailalias nnir info sort smiley
gnus-cite mail-extr nndoc gnus-bcklg gnus-async misearch multi-isearch
qp gnus-ml gnus-topic cursor-sensor pop3 nndraft nnmh cl-extra epa-file
network-stream starttls nnfolder nnml gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score
score-mode nnvirtual nntp gnus-cache image-file paren disp-table init
server gk bsdpkg pass-listing password-store thinks boxquote gk-www
gk-feeds gk-urls elfeed-show elfeed-search elfeed-csv elfeed elfeed-curl
elfeed-log elfeed-db elfeed-lib xml-query gk-ui desktop frameset time
ido winner mono-theme whitespace saveplace goto-addr apropos gk-system
man gk-multimedia gk-langenvs gk-turkish gk-ibuffer ibuffer-vc ibuf-ext
ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs gk-globals elec-pair persistent-scratch
tramp-cache forecast solar cal-dst pixel-scroll which-key smooth-scroll
paren-face gk-keys multiple-cursors mc-hide-unmatched-lines-mode
mc-separate-operations rectangular-region-mode mc-mark-pop mc-mark-more
mc-cycle-cursors mc-edit-lines multiple-cursors-core goto-last-change
gk-programming inf-ruby ruby-mode smie js sgml-mode json map cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars
cc-defs slime-quicklisp slime-xref-browser tree-widget slime-tramp tramp
tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver slime-banner slime-asdf grep
slime-mrepl inferior-slime slime-fancy slime-trace-dialog
slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu slime-references
slime-compiler-notes-tree slime-scratch slime-presentations bridge
slime-mdot-fu slime-enclosing-context slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-trace
slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc
slime-repl slime-parse slime arc-mode archive-mode hyperspec scheme
gk-outline eval-sexp-fu highlight inf-lisp highlight-parentheses paredit
gk-org org-caldav icalendar diary-lib diary-loaddefs org-id url-dav
url-http url-auth url-gw nsm url-handlers org-capture autoinsert
ob-shell gk-vc vc-rcs vc-cvs vc vc-dispatcher log-edit pcvs-util add-log
ox-groff subr-x ox-beamer ox-odt rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse rng-match
rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-parse nxml-ns nxml-enc xmltok nxml-util
ox-latex ox-icalendar ox-html table ox-ascii ox-publish ox org-eww
org-protocol org-mobile org-agenda gk-org-cite gk-fonts gk-alist gk-mail
rx spam spam-stat gnus-uu yenc gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view
mml-smime smime dig gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud
nnimap nnmail tls gnutls utf7 nnoo parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-range gnus-win mail-source smtpmail sendmail netrc message rmc
rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
gmm-utils mailheader gk-utils whole-line-or-region etags xref project f
s ucs-normalize epa-mail epa derived epg epg-config bbdb-vcard bbdb-com
crm mailabbrev vcard bbdb bbdb-site timezone gk-lingua gk-minor-mode
gk-evil evil evil-integration undo-tree diff evil-maps evil-commands
flyspell evil-jumps evil-command-window evil-types evil-search evil-ex
evil-macros evil-repeat evil-states evil-core evil-common windmove
thingatpt evil-digraphs evil-vars edmacro kmacro ace-jump-mode
face-remap gk-file gk-mac gk-text zencoding-mode cl copyright ispell
lorem-ipsum gk-utf8 gk-input-methods gk-unilat gk-syriac gk-greek
gk-armenian quail help-mode gk-global-modes eww puny mm-url gnus
nnheader gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr url-queue url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util
url-parse auth-source password-cache url-vars mailcap shr svg xml seq
dom browse-url diminish gk-edit rect gk-documents pdf-sync pdf-annot
tablist tablist-filter semantic/wisent/comp semantic/wisent
semantic/wisent/wisent semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic
semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw eieio byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile cconv eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs mode-local cedet
org-element avl-tree generator org org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete
org-list org-faces org-entities org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle
org-src ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-keys ob-exp ob-comint ob-core ob-eval
org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs pdf-outline pdf-links noutline outline easy-mmode
pdf-isearch let-alist pdf-misc imenu pdf-tools compile cus-edit
cus-start cus-load wid-edit pdf-view bookmark pp pdf-cache pdf-info tq
pdf-util advice doc-view jka-compr gk-dired dired-subtree
dired-hacks-utils dash ls-lisp wdired image-dired image-mode format-spec
dired-x easymenu dired dired-loaddefs gk-crypt gk-comint shell pcomplete
comint ansi-color ring gk-backups cl-seq cl-loaddefs cl-lib gv time-date
mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 656137 85437)
 (symbols 48 65174 1)
 (miscs 40 2136 1965)
 (strings 32 178550 10674)
 (string-bytes 1 5622372)
 (vectors 16 103796)
 (vector-slots 8 2269627 183040)
 (floats 8 876 1138)
 (intervals 56 5509 115)
 (buffers 992 85))

-- 
İ. Göktuğ Kayaalp	<http://www.gkayaalp.com/>
			024C 30DD 597D 142B 49AC
			40EB 465C D949 B101 2427