Subject: bug#28752: closed (Re: bug#28752: openvpn-client-service error)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2017 13:30:03 +0000

Your bug report

#28752: openvpn-client-service error

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
28752: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=28752
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#28752: openvpn-client-service error
From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
To: julien lepiller <[email-masked]>
Cc: john herrlin <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2017 15:29:01 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

julien lepiller <[email-masked]> skribis:

> From 179727553c91987a1154860f952d4d83383a48d5 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
> From: Julien Lepiller <[email-masked]>
> Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2017 12:09:11 +0200
> Subject: [PATCH] services: vpn: Fix bug with default tls-auth configuration.
>
> * gnu/services/vpn.scm (serialize-tls-auth): Fix serialization error when
> tls-auth is disabled.

Julien committed this as 4b8b4418e609b5e0bfb6efbc11ac28deaa437e80 and it
does seem to fix this bug, so I’m closing it now.

John, let us know if anything’s wrong!

Thanks,
Ludo’.

Subject: openvpn-client-service error
From: john herrlin <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2017 22:03:52 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hey,

I am facing a problem with (openvpn-client-service) when trying to
reconfigure the system.
Its GuixSD on a x86-64, the system config is attached.

Backtrace:
In srfi/srfi-1.scm:
   592:29 19 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type nscd 22f74b0…> …))
   592:29 18 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type guix 22f73c0…> …))
   592:29 17 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type urandom-seed…> …))
   592:29 16 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type syslog 22f74…> …))
   592:29 15 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type static-netwo…> …))
   592:29 14 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type mingetty 22f…> …))
   592:29 13 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type mingetty 22f…> …))
   592:29 12 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type mingetty 22f…> …))
   592:29 11 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type mingetty 22f…> …))
   592:29 10 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type mingetty 22f…> …))
   592:29  9 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type mingetty 22f…> …))
   592:29  8 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type console-font…> …))
   592:17  7 (map1 (#<<service> type: #<service-type openvpn-clie…> …))
In gnu/services/vpn.scm:
   409:24  6 (_ #<<openvpn-client-configuration> openvpn: #<package …>)
    379:9  5 (openvpn-config-file client #<<openvpn-client-configura…>)
In ice-9/ports.scm:
    549:4  4 (call-with-output-string _)
    473:4  3 (with-output-to-port _ _)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
   268:13  2 (for-each #<procedure 2636d40 at gnu/services/configur…> …)
In gnu/services/vpn.scm:
   112:19  1 (serialize-tls-auth client #f)
In unknown file:
           0 (string-append #f " " "1")

ERROR: In procedure string-append:
ERROR: In procedure string-append: Wrong type (expecting string): #f