Subject: [bug#28739] [PATCH 0/5] Update python{,2}-a*

From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2017 15:53:19 -0400

On Mon, Oct 09, 2017 at 09:49:13PM +0200, Cyril Roelandt wrote:
> Hehe. So, to give a bit more context: I'm trying to write an updated
> version of my Guix backend for tox (the Python virtual environment
> manager). One of the issues I have when trying it on real-world projects
> is that our Python libraries are a bit outdated.

Yeah, I'm glad you're working on this.

> If it's OK with everybody, I'd like to push the simplest patches (those
> that only change the version and the hash) without going through a
> review first. WDYT?

Sure, I think it's fine. HACKING says:

For patches that just add a new package, and a simple one, it’s OK to
commit [without going through the code review process], if you’re
confident (which means you successfully built it in a chroot setup, and
have done a reasonable copyright and license auditing.)  Likewise for
package upgrades, except upgrades that trigger a lot of rebuilds (for
example, upgrading GnuTLS or GLib.)  We have a mailing list for commit
notifications ([email-masked]), so people can notice.  Before
pushing your changes, make sure to run ‘git pull --rebase’.