Subject: Re: bug#28724: 25.3; height of echo area when displaying tooltip

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2017 11:40:46 +0300

> Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2017 10:09:02 +0200
> From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
> 
>  > If I have disabled tooltip-mode, is there a way to tell Emacs that it
>  > should expand the height of the echo area (where tooltips are
>  > displayed) if the tooltip is longer than the screen is wide? Currently
>  > the words just run off and I can't see them.
> 
> This should have been fixed for Emacs 26.

It should?  Where was that done, and in response to what bug report or
discussion?

I see this in tooltip-show-help-non-mode:

      (let ((message-truncate-lines t) <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
            (message-log-max nil))
        (message "%s" help)))

If I remove that binding, the echo area gets resized as expected to
show the full tooltip.  Should we remove that binding on the emacs-26
branch?