Subject: bug#28715: libtool 2.4.6 cross compiling eudev-3.2.4 aarch64 linaro toolchain

From: Thomas Jahns <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2017 11:03:57 +0200

Hello Peter,

On 10/05/17 23:14, Peter Bohning wrote:
> I have tried so many different options to get around this.  In fact, for most of 
> the cross compilation I wrote a little library to LD_PRELOAD so that libtool and 
> make install thinks the system root is other than it is.  But I can't use that 
> here and this is a nightmare.
[...]
> /bin/grep: /lib/libuuid.la: No such file or directory
> /bin/sed: can't read /lib/libuuid.la: No such file or directory
> libtool:   error: '/lib/libuuid.la' is not a valid libtool archive
> Basically, no matter what I pass to the configure script, even if I patch the 
> configure script, I can't get it to look for libblkid's libuuid dependency in my 
> system root.

can you provide the config.log of the project in question (best gzip it before 
attaching, because config.log is often quite long)? So one can see what the 
configure-time part of libtool thinks is going on.

Regards, Thomas