Subject: bug#28715: libtool 2.4.6 cross compiling eudev-3.2.4 aarch64 linaro toolchain

From: Thomas Jahns <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2017 11:10:13 +0200

Hello,

and now for the work-around:

On 10/06/17 11:03, Thomas Jahns wrote:
> On 10/05/17 23:14, Peter Bohning wrote:
>> I have tried so many different options to get around this.  In fact, for most 
>> of the cross compilation I wrote a little library to LD_PRELOAD so that 
>> libtool and make install thinks the system root is other than it is.  But I 
>> can't use that here and this is a nightmare.
> [...]
>> /bin/grep: /lib/libuuid.la: No such file or directory
>> /bin/sed: can't read /lib/libuuid.la: No such file or directory
>> libtool:   error: '/lib/libuuid.la' is not a valid libtool archive
>> Basically, no matter what I pass to the configure script, even if I patch the 
>> configure script, I can't get it to look for libblkid's libuuid dependency in 
>> my system root.

what probably went wrong is the dection of the compile-time system search path 
for libraries, which you can override by setting the LT_SYS_LIBRARY_PATH 
configure argument to the directories you want searched instead of /lib.

Regards, Thomas